Part 20

Knowing she wasn't struggling against him personally, Bane hoisted Andie into his arms and hurried to the door. He soon realized he couldn't move faster with his in his arms, so he stopped, crouched down, and with some difficulty managed to get her onto his back, and headed on forwards.

Guys? How are you doing? He called.

Jess and I are fine, Emily said. Isabelle?

I just got away from a few demons, but I'm all right. Isabelle said. Has anyone found Andie, yet? We have to hurry and get her out of here.

I have, Bane answered, keeping the concern on his face out of his voice.

What? Oh, God is she okay? Jessica squeaked.

Bane could barely answer that question himself. He decided it would wait. The girls needed to focus on keeping themselves safe.

Let's meet up where we came in and get the heck out of here.

He tightened his grip on Andie and hurried on. After a few moments, he came face to face with Isabelle, who shot forwards, her eyes wide with shock.

"Oh, my God..." she gasped in horror. "Wha..."

"We'll worry about her condition later," Bane interrupted before she could say any more. "First we have to get out of here. Come on, we have to find Jess and Emily."

Jessica? Emily, where are you? Isabelle asked mentally.

Heading for the Great Hall, where are you? Was Emily's answer.

On our way. Meet you there, Bane said.

He nodded to Isabelle and they ran off. It was easier than they'd thought to get back to the hall they'd entered in. Bane recognized several markings on the walls, which he followed until he reached the entrance hall. Emily and Jessica were hiding in a corner and quietly came out. Jessica and Emily noticed Andie's state too, but before anyone could make any comments, a voice made them spin around.

"Well, well... you're more resourceful than you look."

Bane stared coldly at Zarias. Both were thinking of their last encounter. Isabelle had stiffened, but was the only girl to have not taken a step back. There was a tense silence, each watching the other.

"You have but two options." Zarias said. "Surrender, and you will not be harmed. Resist... and you will be destroyed."

"You can't destroy us." Isabelle retorted. "Your father wants us alive. He can't take our powers from our corpses."

"He only wants you alive because that makes it easier," Zarias countered icily. "If you do resist, I will not hesitate. All it will do is mean the elements will chose new hosts."

"And that would mean another setback," Bane interjected. "Zorak's bound to be growing impatient."

Then, to his friends, he spoke mentally:

One my signal, take Andie and run. There must be some sort of portal somewhere that Zorak used to cross the barrier.

What?! Emily exclaimed.

But Bane... Isabelle began.

Don't argue! If we don't do something, we'll all be caught! Bane replied. And whatever they did to Andie, she won't survive it again!

"He is," Zarias agreed, interrupting their mental argument. "But he has been patient for this long. He would do so as long as it takes."

"Yes, but impatience can only be tamed for so long..." Bane replied.