Part 3

A few hours later, long after Nina and Hannah had been sent off to bed, Andie lay in bed, reading a book Bane had suggested to her. That was another thing they liked to do. Discuss books, musics or movies. And it was nice, in this day and age when people spent more time on their laptops trying to get virtually popular than read or just spend time with people close to them. She was also dizzying from the number of songs he'd had her listen to in the past two weeks. The thought made her smile. Just then, she heard a noise that made her look up. Her body tensed, a reflex from her training. The door opened. And Bane's teasing grin looked at her.

"Bane?!" she gasped in a whisper.

"Hey," he smiled.

"What are you doing?" Andie asked. "Get in here, before my mom catches you! Or worse, my dad!"

"Your dad loves me," he grinned.

Andie rolled his eyes. Her father certainly seemed to get along with Bane, but then, her father was a lot more subtle than her mother when it came to disliking someone. Although, she had to admit he'd shown no sign of not appreciating Bane...

"Just relax," Bane teased.

He chuckled quietly and slid in, closing the door soundlessly behind him.

"It's supposed to be the other way around," Andie mused with a smile. "You're all nervous about my parents, and me telling you they love you."

Bane chuckled.

"Yes, it's funny how unconventional we are, isn't it?"

Andie shook her head in amusement. Bane looked out the window.

"You know my parents are going to sue you for trespassing if they find you here," Andie teased.

He grinned and sat next to her on the bed.

"You know that wouldn't stop me," he said.

Andie sighed exaggeratedly.

"Yeah, I know. What am I going to do with you?"

He muffled a laugh.

"Nothing you can do. I'm a lost cause."

"I don't believe in lost causes." she said.

"Lucky for me." Bane smiled.

He leaned forwards and kissed her.

"Andie! Andie, wake up! It's Christmas! Wake up!"

Andie's eyes opened. She saw it was still dark. She sighed. Hannah was almost always like this (if not worse) at Christmas. She sighed and was about to tell her to go back to bed when she froze. She was in her bed, of course. But she wasn't the only one in it. Bane was sleeping a few inches from her. Although it caught her by surprise, she didn't mind too much. But she was pretty sure her parents wouldn't be as understanding. She quickly got to her feet, accidentally knocking Bane to the floor in her haste.

"Sorry!" she mouthed before hurrying to the door.

"Hannah, it's early, you and Nina go back to bed for a bed."

"But it's Christmas!"

"Yes, and we were all up late last night, so you need your rest. Go back to bed for a while. Okay?"

"Oh..."

"Go on. The presents will still be there later."

Hannah sighed.

"Okay. C'mon, Nina, let's go play in my room."

"Don't make too much noise, okay? Mom, Dad, Lisa and Robert are still sleeping."