[🦄/🦴] Fried Green Tomatoes -Alabama x Reader (Any)

Also don't come at me saying fried green tomatoes isn't good. It's what my nanny made me when my depression flared up.

Tw: depression and self harm implied

You felt heavy as you sat on the couch, your body and mind numb.

The only physical feeling you felt was when Alabama, your boyfriend, was busy untangling your matted hair.

You wore one of his jerseys, scars littering your wrists and arms.

Depression sucked everything out of you, you hated it when it flared up. Even with medication it hardly helped.

"I'm sorry," you said as he still continued to slowly untangle your hair.

"You have nothing to be sorry for baby," he said spraying your hair with a mix of water and leave in conditioner to get it to untangle, it eventually did. 

"You hungry?" Alabama said after untangling your hair all morning.

"No..." you said leaning back into his chest.

He kissed your temple. "Come on let me cook you something, can't have you starving."

"I'm not hungry."

He rubbed your shoulder. "You haven't ate anything all day."

"Fine..." you finally gave in.

He kissed your temple and got up heading to the kitchen. Soon the smell of green tomatoes frying filled the air.

Your stomach growled at the smell.  You got up to see what he was doing.

Bama was currently fishing some out of the cast iron skillet. "Won't take 'em long," he said.

"Seems weird to fry tomatoes like that," you said.

"Dredged in a bit of corn meal and flour," Bama said. "What Mama did for hers, try one."

You picked up one and bit into it. It was actually surprisingly good. "Still weird." 

"Weird and good." Your boyfriend ate one before bopping your nose. "You are still adorable though."

You smiled softly as he always tried to make you smile on your worst days. He might be tough on the outside but deep down, he was a goofball.

You wrapped your arms around his waist as laid your head against his back.

He slowly swayed with you as he finished cooking your snack. He picked up the plate they was cooling off on and moved them to the living room.

"Movie?" Bama asked getting up.

"Let me guess, Fried Green Tomatoes?" You asked remembering the movie.

"How cha guess?"

"Because it's in your hand," you said sitting on the couch.

"Hey, it's a good movie," Bama said putting it in. 

He walked over and let you lay on his chest as you two ate your snack and watched it. He played with your hair and rubbed your back.

"I love you," he said kissed the top of your head.

"I love you too," you replied. "Even if you fry the weirdest foods."

"Hey, Fried twinkies is weird, green tomatoes is the staple of summer in the south."

"You eat mayonnaise and tomato sandwiches babe," you said.

"You soaked a watermelon in tequila and put salt on it," he replied.

"Yeah and it worked."

Bama kissed your temple. "You are so lucky you are adorable."

"And your lucky your a huge dork, even for someone who eates tomato sandwiches."

Bama chuckled as he wrapped his arms around you tighter and continued to watch the movie.