[🦴/🦋] I'm Here -New York x Reader (Any)

This was requested but I seriously can't remember who did request this.

Tw: Reader is autistic, triggers might not be the same here,  this might be more generalized but I think it came out well.

Also sorry if this is extremely short, I have been dealing with burnout so I might not upload for a while.
____________________________________

You rocked back and forth in your spot on the patio trying to get calm, your hands covering your ears.

Someone in the neighborhood had started to shoot off firecrackers with out warning. At least when Louie and Florida does it they give you a heads up first.

Now to normal people it wouldn't be a problem, but to you it was overwhelming.

Your Austim made unknown things scary, you didn't like loud noises, crowded places etc.

It was why you was sitting off to the side of the deck while the States held their own 4th of July celebration, in a quiet spot.

New York, your boyfriend, raced over seeing the storm brewing. "It's me sweetie," he said to you. "I'm here."

You nodded after a bit. His soft tone seemed to calm you a bit.

"Do you want to go inside or stay here?"

You pointed to the soft blanket you was sitting on. Inside was too closed in.

New York understood. He dug through your backpack finding your weighted blanket and noise canceling headphones.

"Do you want me to stay or leave?" 

You pointed to yourself as you continued to rock.

He was calming, a crucial crutch when you was overwhelmed.

"Do you want a hug? Or do you want your blanket?"

You pointed to him.

New York opened his arms. "Come here."

You crawled into his lap, letting him wrap his arms around you.

He rubbed your back. "It's okay, I'm here. It's only fireworks."

You laid your head against his chest hearing his heartbeat. You also slipped on your noise canceling headphones. They blocked out loud noises but not voices so you could hear New York talking to you.

He kissed the top of your head. He rubbed your back, keeping his arms tight around you. "You're going be okay, you're safe I promise." He kissed the top of your head.

You curled deeper into his embrace, his heart beat was steady. Consistent.

•Later that night•

"You want to light one Y/n?" Florida asked you. He knew you probably won't but the others liked to ask you so you felt included.

You shook your head, you wore your noise canceling headphones to block out the loud booms but not voices. You also wore special sunglasses to help with the bright lights. "Scary to hold."

"Okay," Florida said. "You don't have to light one if you don't want too."

New York was still holding you. "Are you getting overwhelmed?"

You shook your head. "Big booms still scary."

New York kissed your temple when you leaned into him more. "I won't let anything happen to you. You are safe. I promise."