[🦴] Never Meant To Be - New York x Fem! Reader

Tw: Mentions a suicide attempt

Also can someone point me to a prompt book or something so I can get more ideas? Thanks.

◆◆◆

•~Yorkie's pov~•

I looked at her sitting with my brother, Massachusetts. Talking, laughing, even kissing. His arm around her waist as we had a pool party for Tennessee's daughter Savannah's fifth birthday.

God, she was his now.

How could I be so stupid? I never should have listened to Canada.

I looked over at Y/n's neck. The faint line of a rope burn only made my heart shatter worse.

Canada didn't just want Y/n around me. She wanted her gone for good.

I didn't realize that she was bullying her former friend until Mass slugged me in the emergency room.

He was the one who found her in time. Thank God.

I was a fuckin idiot for thinking that Y/n wasn't good enough for me.

Canada was the reason for our friendship falling apart. She was jealous of our closeness.

I knew Y/n's deepest secrets, her fears, her dreams.

Mass was now carrying her towards the pool on his shoulders.

Like I used to do to her.

"Put me down you overgrown baby." She was laughing, even as he threw her in.

My heart ached. That should have been me doing that.

I returned to my phone but my eyes could stay off her.

I had a chance and I fucking blew it.

Mass was currently letting her lay on his back while the kids was starting to play in the pool with then.

She got on to Boston for being rough with the littles. Eventually taking him out of the pool into a time out when he didn't listen the second time.

She was a good mom to him, she was the mom that Boston deserved.

I returned to my phone seeing Canada texting me. Trying to win me back.

"You okay New York?" Geo asked me. "Ya seem upset?"

"I was an idiot, Y/n was innocent in this mess. Can't believe I listened to Canada," I replied.

Geo understood. "That's how she felt when she was watching you and Canada, when you two was together."

I nodded. "Yeah, someone else is making her happy which is fine, she deserves to be happy. It's just painful that it's my brother."

Geo put his hand on my shoulder. "The best thing for you to do is to let her be happy."

I sighed and looked to her.

We was just never meant to be.