Chapter 8

My mom and dad thought it would be a good idea for Soran and me to do something with just ourselves, so we decided to go see a movie. We both agreed on Jurassic Park: Dominion. We had just pulled into the parking lot of the movie theatre and when we got out we saw a few familiar faces.

"Hey, stranger!" I shut the car door, "Hi, Carter."

"You guys here to see a movie?" Soran said, "Yeah, the new Jurassic movie."

"Really, that's what we're seeing." Courtney from behind James speaks up.

I really don't want to sit next to them, especially Courtney. I never did tell anyone what she said or hinted at it. I really hope Soran takes this sibling bonding thing real.

"Does the tickets have an assigned seat? The one back at home does." Please say yes...

Carter answers, "No, you can sit anywhere."

"Do you want to sit next to us?" I can see Courtney eye her brother in the back.

"Sure, is that okay with you Sarah?" I stand there not knowing what to say.

"It'll be fun, you can sit next to me," Carter says.

"Um- okay, that's fine." Shit, why did I say that?

"Great, come on." Soran starts walking with them and I soon follow. This is just fucking great.

I haven't talked to Carter that much since the night he came over and practically talked to his mom. He hasn't talked to me either. I thought he would at least do it to talk to his mom again. It's pretty early in the day still, Sunday afternoon. Soran and I want to get dinner after, so I hope he doesn't invite them after the movie.

I'm not trying to avoid Carter, but I am trying to avoid Courtney. If she thinks I am a freak and had said those mean things about me, I really don't want to be around her. However, James, I haven't really talked to. He seems nice, but he is Courtney's brother- twin.

When we got into the theatre and bought the tickets, I saw Cortney give me a look. She walked over to Soran and said something. He laughed and touched her arm.

I see James give her a weird look, but he doesn't say anything. Carter went up to the concessions and got himself a Pepsi and popcorn, "do you want anything, Sarah?"

"No, thank you." I decline, he pays for his things and walks over.

"Are you okay?" His back is turned to the rest of the group and I nod my head.

"Yes, I am just a little tired, that's all," I reassure him.

He grabs my hand and leads me to the theatre room the movie will be in. We get to our seats and he pulls me next to him.

"I heard this movie was really expensive to make, billions." He swung his arms out making his popcorn spill.

"Are you kidding me, I paid ten dollars for that." I let out a giggle, "I'm sorry."

"Whatever let's just enjoy the movie" He sits back.

I look over at Soran and I see him sitting on the inside between James and Courtney. James is is on the left and Courtney is on the right. James looks kind of annoyed, maybe he wants to switch places.

"Hey, James, do you want to switch places?" Carter interrupts, "He's fine, he is just mad about something." James looks away.

"Hmm." The movie begins and the lights turn off.

"That was such a good movie!" Soran exclaims as he sits down at the booth.

"I agree, it was pretty awesome." I sit next to him before Courtney can.