Chapter 49- Death by Dishonor

CARTER POV

The black and blue horror show is starting to heal. It is green and yellow mostly, but it is healing.

Red irritating scabs itch around my stitches. I had to get some because of the glass that caved in. Logistically, it would have blown outward, but it didn't.

Probably the entities doing.

This fucking shit hurts. I am trying to be strong in front of Sarah, but the lack of pain meds isn't helping.

Poking the black stitch work around my neck, I see a bit of puss leak. "Shit," I grab the toilet paper and dab the wound.

"Car-" I turn around and see Sarah creeping around the men's bathroom door.

She fully walks in and moves my hand, "oh my."

"Carter, that's infected." She takes her finger and pushes on it, "does it hurt?"

I pull my shirt down, I don't want her to see this. See me like this, not after the last time when we were at school, and the night Becky died.

Throwing the toilet paper in the trash, I bring her in for a hug. Sarah wraps her little arms around me, "tell me, does it hurt?"

"No," that was a lie.

Her arms drop and she looks up at me with her chin tucked into my chest. She bites her bottom lip, the lip I want to kiss so badly.

"Be honest with me," I grab her shoulders and give them a tight squeeze.

"I am being honest, babe."

She hums to herself and opens the bathroom door. I follow her out and to the register where the man with the orange baseball cap awaits us.

I grab a pack of cigs and toss them on the counter, "fifty on pump seven."

Sarah got her snacks and drinks at the last stop we were at which was the morning. We are currently on tour through Vermont. Our next stop is in New York.

"Here is your change," I gladly accept the change from the man and walk out with my arm around my girl.

She skips in front of me and I get a clear view of her beautiful ass. Her plump bum reminds me of plums. On the smaller side but sweet and juicy.

I open the door and throw the new pack of cigs on the dash while I grab the old pack. There are two left in there and I am going to fucking smoke them now.

I watch her pump the gas into the car. Her beautiful locks sweep around her neck as she bends over to check that she has the right pump.

Finishing the cigs, I toss them and get in the car. Sarah has already picked out the next set of songs that will play on repeat for the next twelve hours.

Her grossly terrible singing has worn out my ears, but she sounds like an angel. A demented frosted angel, but she is happy.

"New York is big, is there a specific place you want to go to?"

Since New York is the next stop, I want to show her around my vacation home. When I was younger, I and my parents went there during the Summer.

Like our little cottage back home, we have another in New York. It was built for my dad's company and their families. Some people used it, but when my mom died, he stopped letting people use it.

I don't know why. Possibly because it was one of her favorite places.

"I know a place outside of the cities," I tell her.