Chapter 52- Sleep On The Floor

I never liked the warmth as I did the cold.

Heat was a deadly reminder of the monster lurking in the back of my mind to unspeakable things. My mom always had the heat on, she said it was because she was cold.

It wasn't the house that was the problem, it was me and the curse God gave me. My dad told me not to worry, but I did.

I worried everyday and everynight as I laid awake listening to the evil speak to me. Telling me to take the knife and slit my brother's throat then shove it down my father's throat.

My mother never liked me to be by myself because she thought I would give in to the evil. She prayed over me every night and I watched the entity laugh at her from the corner of my room.

Never harming her during her sessions of praying, but mocking her from afar. As she prayed, it would creep around saying the worst things about her.

It knows all of the secrets of our house, our family, and ourselves. I never believed anything it said, but now I know it is all true in one way or another.

Cooling down the hot chocolate in my hands, I open the car door and hop in. Rolling down the windows for a nice morning breeze, I watch the sun peak over the rocky hills of Pennsylvania.

Forest county is not what I had in mind, but I need to rest. I am almost sure that I am on the right track out of here. Not too sure where I am going, but anywhere else is better than where I was.

Traveling south is most likely the best option right now, but is the most easiest to guess. If Carter is after me, he would know that I am coming this way. At least his unconscious does, the entity would know.

On the map from my dad's car, there is a rest stop about twenty miles from here. After I finish my coffee, I will pull of and go there to sleep for a few hours. The adrenaline is keeping me up, but it won't for long.

I never pictured my life like this at sixteen. Never did I picture anything other than torment, but I guess that is part of the curse.

The curse had taken a lot from me, bu it also took from innocent people along the way. Time, money, lives, animals, the earth were all part of the curse the entity designed to kill off.

Having this curse taught me a lot about life. You can either fight it or breathe it. I chose the breathe it, not I am not too sure if I should fight it.

So many people are fightin ot for me. My dad for one, he took accountability for me. He helped us escape from it.

We both knew that he wouldn't make it out, but I am glad he called me last night. He knows what it is capable of and knows I am stronger now.

Soran on the other hand is probably dead by now or at least headed that way. Like Mr.Johnson, he could be rotting in his flesh.

I don't think Carter completely understood that, I never did tell me about it. Carter was too looped up, but he probably knows now.

Rolling the window back up, I placed the empty coffee cup in the cup holder, placed the seatbelt around me and clicked it in. Holding the map out in front of me, I see to take the highway until exit 326 and get off there.

Forget what Father Brennan said...

We were not born in sin...

Leave a note on your bed...

Let your mother know you're safe...

One of the nights Carter stayed with my in bed, we talked about running away from there. Running away from the chaos of distruction our familes caused.