Chapter 54- Matte Black

I lied, I have an update. However, the next one will probably take a bit longer to write because now I am seriously in final mode... Enjoy :)

Right now I am in Canton, Ohio. Nothing but grassy fields and flat lands out here. It is kind of nice honestly, there are barely any cars out and about.

I have been driving for five hours and twenty-three minutes. This morning I woke up at seven-thirty, got some coffee from Starbucks, and started my journey again.

I wanted to go down south before I travel north, but I saw something in my dream last night that was out of character for my type of dream. I didn't even understand what was going on until faced him.

At first, I did not know I was dreaming until I saw the old height marks on the wall by the fridge in the kitchen. Just moseying around the house, I did not see anything out of place.

It was like a permanent dream world the entity would use to play tricks on us. However, the smallest details would give away the simulation. Whether it is a color, book, writing, name or even a feeling can determine what it is.

As I was walking, I relaized I need gas and coffe. I walked into the two car garage and got into a truck. My brother's truck, the white one my dad gave him for christmas.

Nothing stopped me from getting in the truck and driving off. I saw the old town, people in stores, and on the road. Then I felt a pang in my head. I soft dull pain was drilling its way through my head and I couldn't get it to go away.

One second I was on my way to the gas station and the next thing I know I am in my old house. My old house was lighter than when we left it, it kind of felt brand new.

In the kitchen, coffee was being brewed and when it was done, I picked out a mug from the cabinet and poured the coffee into the mug. I felt a little lonely all by myself in the kitchen, so I thought of Carter. Instantly, I knew where he was at that moment.

In my old bed room, I walked in with the coffee and saw Carter sitting on the mattress which was placed on the floor like before we moved out to Maine. Noticing his confused state, I thought it was because he had just woken up, but then I felt it.

Brining him the coffee, I sat next to him and curled up beside him like a lost puppy. His pulse was heavy, I could feel it through his arm that I was holding.

Something in him snapped. He shifted over across the room and I asked him where he was. I knew he was real and I was dreaming. Carter was stunned and frightened thinking I was the entity. I was trying to figure out where he was or where he was going, so I could get to him first.

But he would not give me anything to work with.

His eyes changed, jaw clenched and red. Carter lowered his gaze and froze to the spot on the wooden floors.

Then as I was going to touch him, lean into his mind, I saw the entity above him. I knew it was a risk to try anything more, the entity probing his mind for answers.

I woke up from the stun and remembered where I was. Pennsylvania was quite the roster for sleeping overnight.

Carter must have been somewhere sleeping at the same time I was. Otherwise we would not have been able to see or hear each other like that.

For his own sake, I hope he understands that the entity is in the back of his mind, driving away his humanity little by little until there is nothing left, but death. One day soon, I will be able to understand the temptation of the entity and stop it from hurting anyine else, but for now I need to focus on one thing.