Chapter 24- Confusion

The bell rings and I gather my stuff together. Becky is one step ahead of me though.

All class she didn't pay attention or talk much. She is the smartest person in the class or even the school.

Something is definitely wrong. I think I am going to ask her about it at lunch.

She is the first one out of the room and when I finally get m stuff together, everyone is barging out of the doors to get to lunch. I see her at her locker and stop.

"Hey, are you ready for lunch?" She places her things in her locker and shuts it quickly.

Without thinking, she walks away from me. "Becky, wait up," I yell to her.

Before I can catch up, a long-toned arm pulls me back, I hit my back against a giant bulldozer. The intoxicating scent of rain and musk grabs my attention.

I try to pull away, but the grip on my arm is too difficult to get out of. "Let go," he simply laughs at my attempt.

"I wanna chat," the deep voice racks my brain.

By now the high school students are all in line for lunch leaving me behind with the one and only. My patience is running thin, what does he want?

I haven't seen him or even thought of him since the party. The moment I feel his breath on my neck I know what he wants to chat about can not be good.

I am too frightened to do anything. The vile rises to my throat and I slowly swallow it back down, I can not show him I am scared.

"Come on, Sarah," his voice echos my mind. "Come with me."

The pressure of his grip begins to ache and I oblige. Once I turn around, I see his eye connecting with mine.

"There, now I can see your pretty face." His eyes wander over my face and slightly brush my body, lingering on my chest.

Nervousness attacks me and I try to pull back again, "aw, don't do that."

"Walk with me, Sarah." My name coming out of his mouth sounds like poison. He drags me behind him as we meet at the stairs to the second floor.

He stops and turns to face me. No one in sight to save me, I feel like I am being looked at by a huge microscope.

The person in front of me looking for any uncertainty he can. The smile and eye movement say it all, he wants me alone and afraid.

"That was quite the party, you had everyone fooled," he says.

Staying quiet he continues, "I know you, I know the history and the faults you made."

He gently squeezes my arm, "I want you to know that I like your determination."

Feeling awkward I ask, "what do you mean?"

"Ah, she speaks," the fire between my thoughts and actions is begging to light.

He slips his hand away from my arm and I try to make a run for it. I use my hands to push him back into the stairs as hard as I can.

He stumbles a bit, not falling but taken back. I turn and run for the cafeteria on the other side of the hallway.

As I round the corner almost there, I am pushed into the lockers by his hands. "I didn't take you as a runner, Sarah."

His hands cling to my body and aggressively push me further. My stomach aches as the locks on the lockers imprint on my skin.

"Stop," I pant. "I am not going to hurt you, I just want to talk."