Chapter 55- Fight or Flight

Back when I was a child living in Fridley, my parents always told me not to be afraid of the entity in the house. It was a harmless thing that would only use fear to hurt us.

Fear was the opposite of what I was thinking of when I saw it. It was the anger surging through my veins when I saw its face.

It was different when I could see it, feel it, and be the most affected by it. My family had no clue what it was like. That is why I think we didn't take further action or move out sooner.

At night, the entity would creep into my mind. It would tell me things so unreal to this planet that seemed impossible to an eight year old. Of course I believed every word and thought that came to mind. After the anger left, fear then came in.

That is when shit started to hit the fan. More anger, more tears, and more fighting than ever.

It was clear the entity had grown stronger and none of us understood the process of it all until my mother hired our local priest to come in to evaluate the house. He was nice, we loved him.

The entity in the walls did not think he was nice, it did not love him. Bruises and cuts were examined at the hospital three days later. The priest was amazed by the power that came from inside the house.

He came back every few weeks to check out the progress of the entity and then gave us advice to lessen the damage. Sometimes when he would come over, the entity would use my energy to distract the priest until he left then start the terror again.

I remember the night before the accident at the fair, the entity came to me in a dream. It had watched me sleep for a while before jumping into my head. The most viable feeling was when I didn't feel a single thing.

Fear and anger was gone and replaced with numbness. Attaching my energy to the entity was something I didn't know how to do or control. I guess it took it upon itself to do it for me.

The pressure built up in my core and the heat from the motion of falling knocked the wind out of me. The lasting feeling of anger fading and fear slowly slipped back into my pores.

My head felt light and my vision blurred for a few moments and then I regained sight. Warmth covered my arms and legs until they also became numb.

It felt as though I didn't have control over my body. I was sitting in the back seat of my mind waiting for the next outcome to happen.

For the entire night, I couldn't reach out for help. I was a zombie in disguise and the entity was doing a good job at reassuring my parents that I was okay.

I am sure they could feel the negative energy, but assumed it was because my energy was benign drained. They had let me rest in their room for a little bit and sent my to my room after a while.

The next morning, the day of the accident, Soran was beign oblivious to my mood. My father told him I wasn't feeling well because of the entity, but he continued to push me to talk to him.

He sat next to me on the couch and said, "something has gotten into you."

Soran had no idea that something really did get into me. He didn't usher anything more out of me until we got to the fair.

Soran begged me to go on the ferris wheel all night, I guess the entity gave in and saw his opportunity. When we got on, I felt off right away.

I was no longer numbed or feeling fear. I was ecstatic, my level of cognitive appearance was increased and I was having fun. That should have been a sign, but I was only eight years old.