Chapter 32- Finding the Light

"Do you think spirits know what we are thinking like they know all?" I sigh in boredom.

For the passing hour, Carter has been asking me unnecessary questions about spirits, entities, the unknown, my curse, and if I have any theories about time travel. I am getting annoyed to the point where I don't even know what to say.

I just hum in response and he continues his interview with me.

The cold damp ground is making me a little more numb now, not as rigid as before when we first got stuck in here. Carter has proven to keep my warm and calm as we sit.

Music

The first word the spirit has communicated with me since we came in here. Music is an odd word to be produced, but it could mean anything.

"What about music?"

As much as I like Carter and his will to protect me, the spirit is intriguing. Every once in a while there would be a knock or scratch and Carter would ask me about it. Now I just sit and listen for anything.

No response after a few seconds, so I go back to listening to Carter rant about the paranormal world. He is quite talkative for being two in to morning while being traped in a dark room connected to the school.

"I think the most powerful thing we can do as humans is having babies-" I slap his thigh with my hand as hard as I could.

"Carter, shut up," he shuts his mouth not uttering another word.

I have had enough, "Carter, you have been talking non stop for the past hour, I am about to lose my mind."

storm

I stand up stretchign my legs, deciding the spirit is no longer going to harm us or is a threat and walk along the walls. My hands instantly wrap around my arms as a cool breeze confronts my skin.

Silence form my little outburst makes me feel guilty for yellign at him. I sigh in shames and walk over to him.

After spending so much time in here, our eyes have adjusted a bit to see something. The outline of his curled up body comes into view and I bend down to face him.

"I am sorry I yelled at you," he moves his gaze up to meet my eyes and I see the pain.

I place my hands at his sides and rub my thumbs in circles. Follow

I whip my head around to the audible voice. The spirit is now speaking to me, "what do you mean, follow?"

Carter shifts around my body to see what I am looking at. The harsh silence again is infuriating.

"Who are you talking to?" he asks.

I face him again, "the spirit keeps saying stuff ot me, but I don't understand."

A bolt of energy could be felt aroiudn the room, the sound of scratching against the wall behind me is lud enough for it to echo. I snatch Carter's hand in my own and pull him up.

"Are you okay," he stumbles a bit unbalanced.

He regains his balance, "yeah, I guess I am just a little dizzy from sitting there a while."

The symptoms that he is having and the new found energy from the spirit makes me wonder if the spirt took some of Carter's energy. I hold him steady as he composes himself and then let go.

I force myself to close my eyes and picture the walls infornt of and hat they would look like during the day. The balck walls now turn grey in the lit room.