Chapter 26- WEED

There is a lot of dialogue in this chapter

Our lips connect together, neither one of us moving. I was about to pull away when Carter purses his lips on mine.

He moves his lips to kiss me and gradually kisses him back. My lips tingle with satisfaction as he holds my head in place.

The taste of cigarettes lingers on my lips, but it makes me more attracted to the kiss. Carter squeezes the nape of my neck and slips out a moan.

He moves his hand to my lower back, rubbing my back in a small circle. I reach my hand behind him and run my hands through his curly hair.

I don't know if I am doing this right, I have only seen this in movies. I guide my hand around his shoulder and place it on his chest.

With my eyes closed, I can feel his breath hitch when I lower my hand down his clothes chest. He breaks the kiss.

He pulls back from me keeping his hands exactly where they are. My hand involuntarily falls from his chest and lands on his thigh.

It integers me that he pulled away. "We shouldn't." Oh.

I fall back in my seat and gather my stuff. I knew I shouldn't have kissed him.

He most likely thinks I am a bad kisser and is grossed out by me. "I'm sorry," I get out of the car and run up the driveway to the house.

I feel my eyes begin to sting and my vision becomes blurry. I just ruined it again, everything I say and does ruins my chance with him.

The off chance of him talking to me ever again is very slim. I was so entranced by his movements that I didn't notice that he didn't want to.

He kissed me though, he kissed me first and I kissed him back. That should count for something, right?

It was my first kiss. My first kiss ever with a boy and it dissipated everything in a second.

Fumbling with the keys to the front door, I drop them on the ground. I squat down to pick them up.

I grab them from the ground and quickly unlock the door. I step inside and swing the door shut, but it doesn't close.

Turning around to close the door, Carter stands there in the doorway with his hand holding the door open. His head straight forward and his eyes slit shut.

"That didn't come out right," he breathes out.

*Creek*

A footstep is heard from the top of the stairs, "Sarah, is that you?"

My dad's voice comes through. I step over the folded rug and push Carter out of the doorway.

"You have to go," he slings his arms down like a child being told he couldn't have ice cream for breakfast.

He takes a step toward me and places his hands on both sides of my head. I look up through my lashes, "I need you to understand that I like you and I want to be with you. I just think we need to take it slow."

Slowly he leans down and kisses me again. His lips feel smooth against mine as our lips move in sync.

There is no hesitation or awkwardness in the movement. He pulls back and rests his chin on top of my head.

Suddenly he pulls back, "I'll see you later." He walks to his car and drives off.

I watch him drive away not going to his house, I don't blame him. I wouldn't want to be there either.