Chapter 16- James

Carter guides us around the park and we finally get to the animal exhibit area. There are different signs and posters explaining rides, zoos, and gift shops. I look around and see a booth that looks familiar.

It has a picture of a dog and cat on it sitting next to each other. "Over here," I walk over to the booth and turn around.

"I had a vision earlier and this was the booth I had visioned." Carter walks around it, "there is nothing here."

I look around the area and see a shadow of something, I look for a light that ciuld make this and don't see anything. It has to be a spirit. All of asudden the booth lights up.

Flowers emerge from behind the sign, blue, yellow and pink daisies twirl in different directions. No noise came from the booth, but a light breeze directed passed me. Carter and I stared at the fowers moving, hypnotizing us, until a scattered Soran came into view.

His swaeater now gone, but T-shirt instead. His hair is ragad and he walks tiredly. "Where did you go?"

He walks over to us and higs me. He tightly wraps his arms around me with his hands resting on my upper back.

Looking at Carter, he mouths the words, 'he looks scared.' I found myself giving in to his hug. My brother sniffs and uses his hand to whip tears falling from his face.

"I-I - I don't, I can't," He stumbles over his words and pull away from me. "What's wrong, Soran?"

His eyes are blood shot and a frightened face is frozen. "Are you okay?" His body trembles and he has a hard time staying still.

"What happened?" I bring him over to a stool that is outside of the booth we ae standing by. He sits on the stool and rubs his fce with his hands.

Carter takes off his sweatshirt and hands it to Soran, "we can switch off." I grab it from Carter and help Soran put it on.

I have never seen him like this, when we lived in Minnesota, he was strong and didnt let anything affect him like this. The entity never had this power over him, somehting terrible must have happened.

"Did you find James?" Carter asks Soran. He shkes his head no and I grab Carter and step away.

His arms shiver with goosebumps and I hold him close to me, "you shouldnt have goven him your sweater, you're gonna get cold." On que, he shivers.

"I'm fine, he just needs it to warm up a bit." I nod in agreement as Carter pulls me in more.

"What are we doing?" I am not usre if he meant us three out here in the middle of no where trying to find a possesed teenage boy or us two.

I feel drawn to Carter, he makes me happy and gices me a comfurting feeling no one else has. We almost kissed twice, each time he said, 'I dont know why I did that,' but I think I wanted him to .

The connection I feel with him is different from friemds or family, I think I have feelings for him, if that is what you call it. Carter continues to draw small circles on my back while I hug him.

It feels like forever as we stand there in each others hold, but it was only a couple seconds until Soran says something. "I saw it." I turn around and see Soran looking at me.

"Saw what, the entity?" He closes his eyes and takes a huge inhale. Calming his nerves, "I think I did."

I walk over to him, grab his hands, and he pulls away from me. Cincerned he may have seen something very unnatural, he could possibly become scarred. When someone that can't or normally see this kind of stuff it is frightening.