Chapter 27- BFF

My mom and dad have been talking in their room for almost all morning. My dad is incredibly angry, I have seen him like this one time.

When the entity started to get violent with us, my dad was always angry with it. At the time we didn't know that his anger was feeding the entity.

I called Carter earlier, but he didn't answer. He should know what I told my parents or at least have an idea that they know.

I need to contact Becky, she was supposed to call and she didn't. I place my mom jeans on my hips, grab a white sweater, and add a gold necklace.

I straightened my hair with my new straightener, combed through my hair, and added some anti-frizz gell on my ends.

Turning off the straighter, I brushed my teeth and washed my face. I add some mascara to my lashes and lip gloss to my lips.

My shoes are black madden flats. I got them as a birthday present last year.

Speaking of, my birthday is coming up and I want to celebrate. I was thinking of going into the cities with Becky, Soran, and Carter.

Three weeks from now I will be able sixteen. I still do not have my permit, but I am working on it.

I start working at the coffee shop with Becky the week after my birthday. I am excited to finally make some money.

*Ding*

"Can I come over?"- Becky

I get a text from Becky. Where the fuck has she been?

"I am going for a walk on the trail." I add, "Come with me."

She replies with 'okay' and she said she will be here in twenty minutes. I run downstairs to grab my bag with my headphones, notebook, and pens.

I was going to use this afternoon to try to connect with spirits. There was this video I saw about a girl using music to get in touch with a loved one and I wanted to try it.

You are supposed to have a radio that switches to different radio channels, but I don't have that. I am just going to use my phone and see how that works.

Opening the front door, I see my Soran outside. He is walking over to his truck.

"Hey, can I talk to you?" He shuts the door and I meet him halfway.

"What?" He sounds annoyed.

I run my hand through my hair, "Why did you blame me for the weed?"

"Who else would I blame?" He's got a point, doesn't he?

He opens the truck door and gets in, "how do you know I was with Carter, last night?"

He shrugs, "I didn't." Then he shuts the door and leaves.

I watch him drive off as I wait for Becky to get here. I am really excited to see her, I feel like I haven't seen her in forever.

Becky's new car turns down the drive a few minutes after Soran left and she pulls into the driveway. Wave her down and she gets out.

"Heyyy," she runs over to me and gives me a huge hug. We stumble back a bit, "Hey."

I take a look at her appearance. She is wearing a dark sweatshirt, and gray leggings and her hair is pulled back into a messy bun.

She is back to her usual preppy self, but her style has recently changed. She tugs my hand and leads me over to the trail behind my house.

"Okay, so what are we doing today?" I flash my bag at her, "I am going to try something new."