Chapter 9

Ever since the whole fiasco at the restaurant last Sunday, Soran and I haven't spoken. I haven't really heard from Carter either.

Well, that's a lie. He has texted me a few times and when he picks us up for school has tried to talk to me. I don't want to blame him or think it really is his fault for Soran's attitude, but something in me wants to blame him.

None of this would be happening if he had just kept his mouth shut. "You're a freak"

Since Monday, I have been sitting in the little vacant room for lunch. I found out this was the room for the younger kids to have arts and crafts, but no one has been in here.

I don't really eat much, maybe an apple or banana. I normally draw or write, there have been lots of spirits or visions coming through. I have never had this many positive things come through before. I put my headphones on and listen to classical music. Classical music has helped me calm my mind and think more clearly when interacting with spirits. Sometimes I will use Christian music, but lately, I don't feel the need to.

Every day, Carter invites me to eat lunch with him, Courtney, James, and Soran. I decline and come here. It is peaceful here.

Today was different. I hear a knock at the door and turn around. "Hey Sarah," it was James.

"Hi," I said plainly.

"I was wondering if we could talk for a little bit." I took off my headphones, "only if you want to, no pressure."

I chuckled, "what do you want to talk about?" This was very interesting, he has never said too much to me or even directed me into a conversation.

He stands there awkwardly fumbling with his hands, "I just wanted t-to see how you are doing, with the move here."

"Um- well, it has been okay I guess," I say.

"Besides being humiliated and being labeled as the town's freak." His face softens and he comes forward.

"I am so sorry about that, you know, Carter feels terrible about that, he told me he apologized." His is looked away and came back.

"He did, but if it wasn't for him, Soran wouldn't have been so adamant the other day," I tell him.

"It's been hard for him since his mom died. He really misses her." I sigh and turn to face him.

"We actually talked to his mom the other day, Friday." His face went slacked.

"Really? Thats really cool!" I don't think this a good idea to talk to him about this, I have a bad feeling.

"Whats it like?" he asked. His blue eyes shined with a glint of curiosity.

"Talking to dead people?" he nods his head. "Yeah, the whole process, if i can ask?"

"Well its still all new to me, I haven't really explored my abilities that much." I tell him honestly.

"How come?" I start to feel dizzy and hot. I can feel something here.

There is an entity here. I don't understand why it would be at the school though.

I can feel it getting stronger, the more I hear visible voices, the louder the feeling gets. "Please stop!"

James immediately steps back and goes silent. "I'm sorry can we talk about this another time?" I ask him. "I am not feeling well."

"Oh, Yes of course." James clears his throat, "do you want to talk about something else?"

The entity has a strong hold in its place and I feel the power radiating off of it. I need to get out of here, fast. "James, let's take a walk, back to class." I tell him.