Chapter 2 ( first day of lab)

As the sun rays felt on my face as usual before my alarm rings , I woke up and saw that the time is 6.25 . I then realised that I have to reach by 8.30. I ran into the washroom and freshen up and I choosed a light blue kurthi with dark blue jeans and took my bag and went into the living room . My mother served me my breakfasts and I ate it quickly and left from my house. As I stood in the bustop I saw that the time is 7.15 . So, I can reach in time as it is near to my house. Suddenly the horn sound of bus brought my concious back and I climbed into the bus. Within a hour I reached my destination and I saw the complexed building infront of me. 

It is the first day of my life as a genetic scientist even though in college we did small experiments most of the time we just have to listen the boring lectures. As I took few steps and almost reached the main gate the guard asked me to show my ID . Then I took out the ID card given by my professor . And as I went inside I saw my other 2 mates and saw they saw me they walked towards me and we 3 together went inside.

As the receptionist saw us she smiled at us and asked us wait in the lobby. I wonder how she knows us. after few minutes she came towards us and asked us follow her. After a while she asked me to come along with her and my other 2 friends to get into the room no.23.

As I walked along with her she took me into a huge white room with lot of chemicals, scientists , instruments and few dead and living rats in glass jars. Then she stopped near a oldman who felt familiar . Yeah I realised whom he is , he is one of the leading scientist in genetics and molecular biology. He is a very intelligent man and done lot of studies on most important aspects and worked a lot on genetics . But, governement declined his analyzatations. But I don't know that still he is working . I politely wished him . He wished me back  and  asked me if I am ready . I said ,yes.

Then he asked me to lie down on a orthodontic chair . Then I felt something is wrong . What are they going to do I am just a trainee here. But then I remembered that some laboratories will test their workers and check if they are fit for working in these  risky surroundings . So, i lyed down on the chair . Then he asked me to relax and keep my brain out of thoughts. They took my blood sample and took a hair strand . Then I heard other scientists speaking about volunteering them and then I realised they are thinking that  I am a volunteer for supporting them in their studies . Before I stop them they injected anaesthesia and I lost my conscious but before that I heard Devi ma'am shouting stop.

Thank god she is here so, I am safe.