Chapter 6 ( graduation ceremony)

Me: the one who gave us this opportunity. Our professor Devi ma'am.

Manya: seriously! Why you are thinking in a wrong way about her. She selected us because we are the top scoring students.

Me: she is normally a out speaking person and she is very close with our whole class. Even on the last day she walked towards me asked me to meet her in her cabin.  If nothing is wrong . Why she asked us to meet separately and told this whereas other students who got selected in various firms are congratulated by our principal on the last day.

Manya: may be she is part of their plan. But what she is going to gain with it.

Me: even I am unable to figure out the same thing 

Mom: girls come ! Dinner is ready.

Me: yeah mom. 

Me: manya let's think about that later . Come let's go.

After having our  dinner me , my parents and manya sat in the living room.

Dad: anmisha I think tomorrow it's your graduation day right!

Me: yes dad

Dad: why don't you take some rest.

Dad: Manya go and take rest dear you must be tired.

Manya: ok uncle

Mom : Manya you can take the guest room or sleep along with anmisha

Me:  my friend is going to stay with me mom. Come Manya.

Manya: good night aunty ! Good night uncle!

Mom and dad: good night dear

Me along with Manya went into my room and slept.

NEXT DAY MORNING 

As the sun rays felt on my face I woke up and saw that Manya was already up .

Manya: good morning 

Me: morning

Manya: actually I am going to the hostel . After getting ready I will go to the college. Will meet there.

Me: what wait I'll drop you. 

Manya: no problem buddy I'll go. Even you have to get ready for the graduation ceremony.

Me: no I am dropping you that's it. Now the time is 7.00am we should be in college by 11.00am.we have time. 

Manya: ok! As if you will listen to me

Me: that's good

Mean while I went into washroom for a fresh up. As I came in to the living room twirling my car keys I saw my mom  and Manya conversing  as if they know Eachother from ages.

Me: Manya ji shall we go.

Manya: yes madam ! Bye aunty ! 

Me: Chalo

As I started my car I got a rush in my body because my dad bought this car for me when I am in my second year of college for going to college. But as years passed and I joined postgraduation my life changed a lot . I stopped driving car to the college cause I felt it's just something that makes me more exhausted. The traffic is something that gets on my nerves. So, I used to drive occasionally.

Manya: hey Anmisha do you know where my hostel is located?

Me: yeah i know

Manya: ok

As we waited at the signal I saw a familiar person crossing the road . When I am trying to identify that person. The signal turned green so I drove away. After I dropped her I immediately left to my home and took a bath and draped my self in a Lenin saree. I had my breakfast and headed to my college.

Don't know why but today I drove to the college instead of bus .as I reached the college I saw many familiar faces with great happiness and joy. I saw my professors who are chatting with eachother. In the whole crowd I easily recognised  Manya and walked towards her . I don't know why and how she became my best  friend from a friend  within some hours. She is also wearing a blue Anarkali.

Then I realised even Leena was there by looking at her I felt like breaking her nose but control my anger and gave a fake smile. Then the announcement from our principal got our attention.

Good afternoon everyone. Respected professors and lovely students please gather in our auditorium .

I along with Manya and Leena walked into the auditorium and sat together in the 5th row. I greeted my professors but, I don't know where Devi ma'am is ? She is no where to be found. Then everyone gave their boring speeches and called the top 5 scored students one by one.

When principal called 5 , a guy from our class went and took his medal and certificates.

When principal called 4, Leena went on to the Dias  with a frown and took her medal and certificates.

When principal called 3, Manya went on to the Dias and took hers .

When principal called 2, it was me . Then who is one.

Anyhow I went and took my medal and certificates and stood there.

Then principal called for 1, then came a girl whom i last saw a year ago . I thought she left the college. But why she came. Is she self studying.I didn't recognise and took her  medal and certificates. 

Principal: dear students. She is ms. Clara . She is your mate  who stopped coming to college a year back. And she is self studying as she is taking care of there business. She is one of the most intelligent student whom I have seen in this college. We are very lucky to have you as our student miss. And the remaining students congratulations for your achievements and all the best for your future. Now miss . Clara can you please give us a brief speech about you and motivate your juniors and batchmates.

Clara: sure sir.

I realised that she have a thick British accent. Then she started a speech.

Clara : hello everyone ! I am Clara Sehgal. I think you have remembered me.I am thanking all my teachers who helped me in my studies and my parents for keeping on supporting me. And my dear lovely juniors. Never give up , be strong, be a smart worker and you will achieve everything you want in your life. All the best. Thank you.

The crowd clapped for her. Then we left for lunch as for remaining students they are going to give their certificates after the lunch. As we reached the dining room Leena got a call and she left saying she have some work. Then I had my lunch along with Manya . After a while I got a call , which almost stumbled me. I don't know whether if I heard it write or not. As a tears started falling Manya saw me asked me what happened. 

Me: accident