Chapter 5 ( friend)

When I felt a tap on my shoulder I am about to scream but that person closed my mouth. Then as I turned back I saw Manya our other mate who is leena's best friend as per my observation at college. She slowly started taking me away from there. Is she going to kidnap me. I slowly took hold of her hand and held it back and twisted it tightly. Thanks to my father for joining me in martial arts class when I  am a kid. I pushed her down . 

Me: what are you thinking? You people thought  doing crime is easy right . I will show you what it costs. 

Manya: anmisha please listen. I am not with them. I just saw you sneaking into the lab from back gate and followed you. 

Me: don't lie. I am not a fool. 

Manya: arey yaar I am her bestfriend but that doesn't mean that I will support her all the time.but  from now onwards she is not my best friend . If I am supporting her why would I drag you into a safer place .

Me: ok. But still I'm in a dilemma.

Manya: it's ok.

Me: what shall we do now

Manya: we have to escape from here

Then I noticed a scratch on Manya's arm and I am the one who injured her. I took her arm and examined it . I said sorry and searched for iodine because I may find it we are hiding in a store room .

Manya: its just a small injury . Let's get out of here.

Me: ok

We walked slowly without making any noise . As I looked at my wrist watch I realised that the time is 7.30 pm . It's late . For our good luck I saw that the back gate is open and without getting noticed by others slowly we both got out of that place by hiding behind the trucks and walking slowly and cautiously.

As we are safe now, we started walking towards the busstop. Then I remembered that she is living in hostel and she is an orphan.Now the hostel must be closed. So, I asked her to come along with me. She refused politely . But I insisted again , as she have no choice she agreed. Soon the bus arrived and we boarded in. 

Then we started conversing with each other.

Manya: thanks a lot buddy. 

Me: never mention it Manya. 

Me: what are you doing there?

Manya: actually one of my relatives house is near to that place. After the work is done I visited them. When I am returning back I saw you sneaking in. After few minutes I saw leena's car. When I asked her to join me for shopping after completion of my visit . She refused saying that she have headache. But as I saw her car. I felt something is wrong. But I never thought she is such a cruel lady and her father is more than cruel. How can they be this low. 

Me: yeah. If we won't do something. A large destruction is going to happen.

Manya: ok leave that topic for a while. Let's speak about ourselves

Me: ok. 

Manya: what are you going to wear for tomorrow's graduation ceremony?

Me: actually even I thought of going for shopping but, as things turned out like this and we don't have enough time . I am planning to wear my mother's saree. 

Manya: oh that's really cool

Me: tradition is the best trend

Manya: yeah it's true.

Me: you can feel my home as yours Manya. You can come anytime. 

Manya: thank you

The bus stopped at my stop. 

We both got down and started walking towards my house . I saw my parents are little worried as I am late. I told them that I am going out for a walk. But who goes for a 3 hours walk. I told them that I met my friend there and we kept on speaking about the project and it got late. I told them that she stays in hostel so, she can't go now. My mother smiled at Manya and asked her to come inside and take a seat.

Mom: feel free dear. Ask me if you want something. Go and fresh up I'll serve the dinner.

Misha take her to your room!

Me: ok mom. Come Manya 

Manya: thank you aunty. Thank you anmisha.

As I took Manya into my room she hugged me tightly and sobbed a little.

Manya: anmisha we aren't even friends . But you are the first person to atleast show me concern.

Me: Manya stop crying . See think that I am your sister. For becoming friends we don't need to know each other for ages. Even though we are familiar to each other from many we didn't interact much. But see now we became friends. Now go and fresh up.

Manya: thank you again.

After Manya freshen up, even I fresher up and came out

I saw that Manya is staring at my desk. I walked towards her and told everything about my study on that virus.  

Manya: what seriously ! Why they gave such a dangerous virus for a mere trainee project.

Me: even I am thinking about the same thing.

Manya: we should find answers for all of these questions 

Me: yes. I know who have answers for these questions 

Manya: who?