More Than One Funeral

I leaned on the open doorframe, watching from afar. I flet out of place amongst this 'Umbrella Academy' and figured I'd leave them all be for the funeral.

"Did something happen?" Five's mom, Grace asked cheerfully.

"Dad died." Allison said, the dark skinned woman "Remember?"

"Oh, yes of course."

"Is mom ok?" Allison asked.

"Yeah, yeah, she's fine." Diego said, the mam with the scars. He was without an umbrella, and already soaked in the rain "She just needs to rest, you know, recharge."

Pogo stepped forward, leaning heavily on his cane. He looked at Luther, also without an umbrella "Whenever you're ready, dear boy."

Luther nodded and took the lid off the urn. He turned it upside down and shook the ashes out.

"Probably would have been better with some wind."

"Dose anyone wish to speak?" Pogo asked. No one volunteered "Very well. In all regards, Sir Reginald Hargreeves made me what I am today. For that alone, I shall forever be in his debt. He was my master, and my friend, and I shall miss him very much. He leaves behind a complicated legacy-"

"He was a monster." Diego said. Klaus laughed, at that moment I realised he was smoking. "He was a bad person and a worse father. The world's better of without him."

"Diego." Allison said sharply.

"My name is Number Two. You know why? Because our father, couldn't be bothered to give us actual names. He had mom do it."

"Would anyone like something to eat?" Grace asked.

"No, it's ok Mom." Viktor said.

"Oh, ok." Grace nodded.

"Look you wanna pay your respects, go ahead." Diego said, stepping into the middle of the semi circle they all had formed. "But at least be honest about the kinda man he was."

"You should stop talking now." Luther said.

Diego eyed him "You know you of all people should be on my side here, Number One."

"I am warning you." Luther took a step forward.

"After everything he did to you. He had to ship you a million miles away." Diego stepped closer.

"Diego. Stop. Talking."

"That's how much he couldn't stand the sight of you!" Diego poked him with two fingers in the chest.

Luther slapped his hand away and threw a punch. Diego ducked under it, then stepped away from the next one. The two kept fighting and everyone just stared as the two punched eachother.

"Boys!" Pogo said "Stop this at once!"

I stepped off the doorframe and walked up behind Five.

"This is a waste of time." I whispered in his ear "If we're gonna stop an apocalypse then we can't stand around at funerals while your brother has an identity crisis."

Five looked at me and whispered back "If we're gonna stop this then we need all of them."

I looked at his two brothers. Fighting like toddlers trapped in thugs bodies.

"You're shittting me." I said, looking back at Five.

Five looked back at his brothers "Afraid not."

I sighed "This is bullshit." I folded my arms and stepped under Five's umbrella.

The boys kept fighting. Viktor yelled at them to stop. Klaus egged them on, along closer inspection I saw it was weed he was smoking. Pogo shook his head and left them to it, going back inside.