You Fucked Up

Me and Five stole Elliott's car. Luther and Deigo went off to find Allison and Klaus and me and Five drove out to find Viktor.

We were halfway to his farm when we passed him driving the other way from us. Five stuck his head out the window and stared and Viktor did the same. Both cars skidded to a stop and we all got out, meeting eachother in the middle of the road.

"What are you doing here?" Viktor asked.

"Looking for you." Five said.

"We gotta go." I said. "We've got about twenty minutes if we wanna be safe."

"Safe? Safe from what?"

"Time." I said.

"We're going back to 2019." Five said.

"What are you talking about?" Viktor asked.

"Look, we don't have time to explain right now but we got us a way home." Five said, checking his watch. "Alright? Like she said we have thirty minutes to leave."

Me and Five turned and headed for the car.

"What about my friends? I can't just leave them here."

Five walked back over to him. "Viktor you don't have a choice in this alright? Doomsday will happen if you don't come with us."

"I'm sorry but we really don't have time." I said. "If we're quick now you can call them from Elliott's."

"No I'm bringing them with me." Viktor said.

"Absolutely not!" I yelled.

"They belong in this timeline." Five said.

"Says who?!"

"Says the fact they were born here Viktor." I said.

"Sissy deserves a life where she doesn't have to pretend to love someone she doesn't! And Harlan? There's a name for what he has. We can get him the help he needs."

"As sweet as that is Viktor it will only cause more problems than if they stay." I said.

"Look, a mom and her eight year old son aren't gonna screw up the timeline! They're insignificant."

"No one is insignificant!" Me and Five said in unison. Well, Five said I yelled. My outburst made them both shut up and look at me. I sighed and ran a hand through my hair.

"I was just a girl who'd had too much to drink the night before and was late for work and that was enough to put a Commission bullet in my skull, Viktor. You have no idea how insignificant no one is."

"Look Viktor I'm sorry but we can't take that risk." Five said, looking back at his brother. "They have to stay. Come on."

Me and Five turned and walked back to our car. Viktor didn't follow.

"Why do you get to decide? You're the reason we're stuck here in the first place."

"We don't." I looked at him, one hand on the door. "We're just doin' as we're told."

"And if I did nothing we would all be dead right now, thanks to you." Five said.

I winced. Not the right thing to say. Viktor stared down Five.

"They're coming with me."

Five scoffed and walked back over.

"Viktor do not test me right now."

"That's funny." Viktor smiled. "Cause I was just about to say the same thing."

Viktor activated his powers. His skin faded white, his eyes glowed blue, as did his heart as the air rippled with energy around him. Five clenched his fists as they glowed blue. I stepped back, reaching for my rifle. After a moment they both powered down.