Five Is An Idiot

28th March 2019

"Young lovers?" Klaus asked.

Without realising it I had been clinging onto Five for dear life, and him me with his spare hand. We looked at eachother and realised how it looked.

"Get off." I said with a small shove.

Five got off the counter and stumbled. I sat up on the edge of the counter and looked around.

I was in the Hargreeves living room, sat on the bar with Luther, Deigo, Allison and Klaus. Realising this I leaned back and grabbed the first bottle I touched. Without checking what it was I drank, deeply.

"Where have you been?" Luther asked.

"Are you okay?" Allison asked, grabbing Five's arm and helping him up.

"She get you?" I asked, looking Five up and down.

"Did you just check him out?" Klaus asked. "Also who?"

Without answering, Five grabbed a coffee out of Allison's hand. He walked away, limping slightly, and downed the cup. He looked back at us.

"So the apocalypse is in three days."

"We established this." I said. I looked Five over again. "We're you shot? You look shit."

"We just blew up half a building," Five said. "What am I meant to look like?"

I considered that a moment. "Good point." I sipped my booze.

Five looked back at his siblings. "The only chance to save our world is, well, us."

"The Umbrella Academy." Luther said.

"Yeah but with me obviously." Five said irritatedly. "So if ya'll don't get your sideshow acts together and get over yourselves were screwed. Who cares if Dad messed us up? We gonna let that define us? No. To give us a fighting chance to see next week, I've come back with a lead." He held up the note. "I know who's responsible for the apocalypse."

"It's not Milton." I said. "So don't worry, monkey boy, we don't have to kill him."

"Who the hells Milton?" Deigo asked behind me. Since I had lost seen him his arm had been put in a sling.

"Can you take this seriously?" Five snapped at me.

I held up my hands. "Jeez, you're so cranky lately." I drank.

Allison stepped forward and held out her hand. Five handed her the note and she opened it.

"This is who we have to stop." Five said.

"Harold Jenkins?" Allison read out.

"Who the hell is Harlod Jenkins?" Deigo asked.

Five finished his coffee and threw it carelessly behind him. "I don't know, yet. But I do know he's responsible for the apocalypse. So we have to find him. And we have to do it now."

"How is he connected to what's gonna happen?" Luther asked.

"Don't know. Don't care." I said. "We just gotta him and stop him before we find out."

"Wait, so you just know his name?" Deigo asked, stepping forward. "That's it?"

"That's enough." Five said.

"There's probably dozens of Harlod Jenkins's in the city."

"Then I guess we're goin' on a rampage." I said.

"No!" Luther yelled at me.

"God, so dramatic." I muttered, drinking.

"I'm sorry," Allison said. "Am I the only one who's skeptical here? I mean how is it you know all of this about whats his name?"