Catch Ourselves an Eye

We decided to crash at Viktors. Five seemed closest with him and he seemed nice enough to me as well. Five jumped us inside and we sat down, Five in an armchair and me on the sofa.

He lived in a small flat, living room and kitchen connected and bedroom and bathroom opposite the windows. I saw he did violin, which me and Five talked about for a bit. Apparently their dad made him learn it as a kid.

He jumped out his skin when he came home.

"You should really lock your windows." Five said casually.

"I live on the second floor." Viktor said.

"Rapists can climb." Five said.

Viktor stared. He turned and closed the door "You're so weird." He sat down on the other side of the sofa. He spyed Five's collar. "Is that blood?"

Five looked down at it. "It's nothing."

"It's ain't his." I said "Or mine." I looked down at my arm and saw a small trickle of blood running down it. "That is though."

"What!?" Viktor leaned over and looked. I pushed him away.

"It's just a scratch." I lied.

Viktor leaned back and looked between us. "Why are you here?"

Five sighed "I've decided you're the only one I can trust."

"Why me?"

"Because you're ordinary." Viktor looked offended. "Because you'll listen."

"Ok." Viktor stood and went into the bathroom. He came back with bandages and antibiotics. He sat down infront of Five and he rolled up his sleeve, showing the messy blood soaked bandages we had done on the way there.

Viktor took of the bandage and started dapping the wound as Five spoke.

"When I jumped forward and got stuck in the future do you know what I found?"

"No."

"Nothing." Five said "Absolutely nothing. As far as I could tell I was the last person left alive. I never figured out what killed the human race but... I did find something eles. The date it happens. The world ends in eight days. And I have no idea how to stop it."

Viktor had cleaned and dressed Five's cut and was now just staring up at him.

"I'll put on a cup of coffee."

He did, gave us each a mug and sat down infront of me. I took of my blazer and showed him my arm.

"Are those guns!?" He asked, staring at the two pistols strapped to my side.

I laughed at his response, mostly just to lighten the mood.

Viktor asked Five about the apocalypse, at which point I stopped listening. Five went on about food, and loneliness, and how he had to adapt to survive and blah blah blah, I had heard it a million times.

I sat there sipping my coffee as he spoke. In the end Viktor wasn't convinced, it was obvious. He denied it, but it was obvious. Then he started asking about Five's body, why he still looked thirteen.

"I mean," Viktor said as Five poured himself a glass of something alcoholic. "Dad always used to say time travel could mess up your mind. Maybe, that's what happening."

"This was a mistake," Five sighed "You're too young. Too naive too understand.
Y/n, come on, we're leaving."

"What?" I hadn't been listening. I saw him heading for the door and stood, leaving my drink. "Oh shit, okay."