We're All Fucked

Five and Lila managed to hate each other enough to get us back. Of course she managed to get in a joke about us dating after we came out the Operations Bunker which acted as great fuel for the two of them. A few more petty insults later and we were back.

4th April 2019

We landed in a pile on top of each other. We had broken something on the way down and were mingled in with the  debris. Five swore and pushed off Lila, landing on top of me. After a moment of awkward staring I pushed myself out from under him and grabbed the briefcase, stumbling as I stood.

I held it up and saw it was smoking. I sighed and tossed it aside.

"Not doin' that again." I said, grabbing Five's hand and pulling him up.

"Thank God." Five groaned, rubbing his head.

"Where have you been?" Viktor asked. He, Allison, Deigo and Luther were with us in the main lobby of Hotel Obsidian.

"Facing my mortality, Viktor." Five said. "I don't recommend it."

"You had the briefcase?!" Allison yelled, walking over and taking it. Since I had last seen her she'd cut her hair. "We've been looking for this!"

"Well the good news is, we got it for you." I said, putting my hands in my pockets. "Bad news is we broke it. And the Commission's closed. And the timelines fucked. And-"

"We can get back to that." Five cut me off and gave me a look.

Allison scoffed and threw it down, walking over to the stairs and sitting down. Five glanced down at the briefcase.

"Yeah that's toast."

I nudged him and nodded at Lila, who had her arms wrapped around Deigos shoulders. "Love isn't apparently."

"Hey." Deigo pushed her away. "You're happy to see me. What's wrong?"

"Turns out there's less time to hold grudges than I had planned." Lila said, arms still around him. "You're off the hook."

"What's the situation on the Grandfather Paradox?" I asked, looking between the Umbrellas. "Any more people yet or?"

"People are disappearing worldwide now." Viktor said.

I nodded. "Great so it's shit."

"Where's Stan?" Lila asked.

"Excuse me, one second." Luther grabbed Deigo and pulled him away. The two started having a quiet manly bro talk and looked at Allison a few times.

"Hey, Chatty Cathys," Five said. "Quit the chitchat alright?"

"Chatty Cathys?" I repeated, folding my arms and giving him a look. "Jesus you are old."

"I'm calling a family meeting here." Five went on. Lila walked away and Deigo pulled her back. Five looked around. "Where's Klaus?"

"I'll be right back." Deigo said, walking towards the elevator.

"Bring Klaus." I said to him as he passed.

"Don't leave me with your-" Lila stopped herself, he was gone.

"Deig- Lost another. Great." Five turned back to the family.

"Spit it out Five." Allison spat.

"Who pissed in your coffee?" I asked her.

"Since you asked so nicely, sister mine, our little paradox brought forth a freaking Kugelblitz." Five said.

"What the hell is a Kugelblitz?" Viktor asked.