Chapter 24 - Dinner with mother

Alexander's pov:

I returned home with a heavy heart. I was devastated. Elektra's behavior disappointed me. I never thought that she would act so hostile. Every time we were together she seemed happy and enjoying my company. What changed now? Ι thought she wanted more from me....Why was being mates with me so negative to her?

I was approaching the southern border of the pack when one of the guards informed me that my mother was at the guardhouse waiting for me. That didn't sound good...... Mother never interfered in my businesses. She was always very district. Oh my......! I'm definitely gonna get whacked.....

I climbed up the stairs as slowly as I could. I got in the guardhouse and saw two guards talking in a corner while my mother was sitting behind a desk revising some files.

-"Hello mam!" I said trying to look coolly.

My mother raised her head, gave me a scrutinizing look and abruptly stood up and came in front of me giving me a big hug.

-"Thank Goddess you are alive!" she commented excitedly and came closer to hug me.

-"Why wouldn't I? " I commented with a big smile.

-"Why did you return to the Silver Moon Pack? Don't you know that Richard is as dangerous as Bartholomew? Why are you taking risks like this?" my mother said sternly.

-"I know mother but I went to find my mate". When I told her that, my mother's eyes opened widely and she put her hand on her mouth. The news was overwhelming for her...

-"Your mate you said?" she repeated after a few minutes of silence. "Really?" she asked again unable to believe it.

-"Yes mother, I finally found her."

-"Who is she? What's her name? Which is her pack? How does she look like? Where is she now?" my mother bombarded me with questions and continued excitedly "I want to know everything about her!"

-"Mother, I'll tell you everything about her at dinner. Just give me some minutes to take a quick shower and get changed" I said calmly. Then I addressed to the head chief and asked to give me his reports about the last two days. When the head chief finished, we said goodbye and left the guardhouse.

Half an hour passed when I managed to take a quick shower and change my clothes. Mother was waiting for me at her house. The sun has already set and the first stars have appeared already in the sky. I followed the path that lead to her house. The path was filled with various flowers at both opposite sites. The aroma they gave off was intoxicating. I arrived at the house and knocked on her door. She immediately opened it for me happily.

-"Come inside son! I've made you your favorite: roasted burgers with potatoes and chocolate pie"

-"Mother you are the best!" I told her hugging her tightly and giving her a kiss on her cheek.

-"I know" she said smugly.

I sat on the table while mother went to the kitchen and started bringing the food which smelled deliciously.

-"Mother, why don't you get someone to help you?"

-"Do I look like I need someone to do the daily chores or serve the food for me?"

-"No, no I just don't want to tire yourself. You can do other things than daily chores..."

-"I am not tiring myself. Besides, I never needed a person to help me and certainly I won't do it now.... But, enough about me. Tell me about your mate. Who is she? Where did you find her?"

-"I found her one day that I was watching the Black Shadow pack's movements..."

-"How?"

-"I met her in the forest. She was taking a walk in the forest while I was returning here"