Chapter 36 - Unrepentant

Alexander's pov:

We returned to our pack completely exhausted but satisfied yesterday morning. The decisions made were all to the point. Most of the Alphas realized that Bartholomew was a threat to our society and were willing to contribute to our try to catch him and put him behind bars.

The only thing that made me feel awkward was Elektra's behavior. Although she tried to look cool and collected deep inside me I felt her concerns. It wasn't easy being in a room where everyone is talking bad about your father and treating you like an enemy. At least she understood the importance of the situation and seemed that she accepted the fact that her father is a ruthless criminal.

I told mother the news at dinner. Although she was thrilled with the bounty, she remained skeptical. She was sure that although the reward amount was high, there would be many who would still be willing to help Bartholomew avoid prison and whatever punishment was meted out to him.

I couldn't agree more with this as I felt the same way about it! I would be naive to think that we would catch Bartholomew so easily.

I was in my office reading some reports from the other pack's border patrols. Apparently yesterday there was a lot of traffic on the northern border of the Black Shadow Pack. Something just doesn't seem right to me.

-"Alpha, Miss Cassandra wants to speak to you. Do I let her in?' Jason, my guard, asked as soon as he entered.

-"Yes of course" I replied. After two minutes Cassandra entered. She was wearing a long white dress and had her hair tied up in a pretty bun.

-"Hello Alexander. Sorry to bother you but I brought you some coffee and a piece of cake I made"

-"Oh it smells deliciously! Thank you very much Cassandra. You shouldn't have gone to such trouble"

-"Not a trouble at all" she said with a smile. "Please give it a try and tell me your opinion" she said and offered me the plate with two big pieces of chocolate cake.

I took a small bite. The cake was really delicious! It tasted amazing! I ate the two pieces in the blink of an eye!

- "So?" Cassandra asked, eagerly wondered what I thought of her cooking.

-"It tastes wonderfully. I have never eaten so tasty chocolate cake before! Thank you!" I said sincerely. Apart from good looking Cassandra was an excellent cook! Hearing my praises made her smile widely.

-"I should go now....I don't want to bother you anymore" she said timidly.

-"You don't bother me at all. Especially when you bring such delicious sweets" I told her in a playful way that made us both laugh widely.

She took the empty plate and walked out of my office. I can't deny that when I'm with Cassandra I feel calm and carefree. She always manages to make me forget Elektra and all my other problems. Her presence is like a little ray of sunshine in my darkness.

I continued revising the reports and prepare the pack's weekly schedule when the phone rang. It was my beta Steve. One of our spies assigned to watch the Black Shadow Pack had something very important to tell me on the phone. I picked up my phone and a male voice was heard.

-"Alpha is that you?"

-"Yes it's me. Now tell me what is so important?" I asked because I don't like to beat around the bush.

-"Alpha, I noticed weird activity yesterday morning. Some high ranking members including the Alpha were dressed in omega clothes and headed toward the mountain"

-"What are you talking about? Are you sure?

-"Yes, sir!"

-"Why did they go to the mountain?" I wondered.