Chapter 50 - Words filled with poison

Elektra's pov:

-"He is not my father and I didn't come here to free him. How dare you?" I scolded him but he seemed unfazed by my sudden outburst. He opened the door by entering his code to the control panel and told me in a strict way "You have only ten minutes"

-"Ok" I replied and after I took a deep breath I got in. The cell was moldy and cold. Bartholomew was ugly beaten: he had cuts and bruises all over his body while his face was already swollen. His clothes had become rugs and he had his head down.

-"B......bartholomew" I managed to whisper. My voice was too low and timid for my taste, but though I mustered all my courage I could not sound sterner. He slowly raised his head and opened his eyes. He looked straight at me and smiled devilishly.

-"Oh Elektra. To what do I owe the honor of your visit?" he asked in a sarcastic way.

-"I came here because I seek some answers"

-"Answers for what?"

-"For my curse" I said louder.

-"Oh the sweet princess wants to break the curse spell and marry the prince...." he mocked.

-"Tell me how to break the curse spell" I demanded.

-"What makes you think I know how?" he tried to look ignorant.

-" Don't play games with me. I'm sure you know..." I replied flustered.

-"Even if I knew I wouldn't tell you" he said imposingly. Although he was in dire straits, he still acted in an arrogant and imposing manner.

-"Tell me how I can reverse the spell you put on me!" I said frustrated while he started laughing uncontrollably making me lose my temper. Several minutes passed until he regained his composure and looked at me straight in the eyes again.

-"We would have so much fun together you know?" he said in a calm way after he took a deep breath. "You know I enjoyed so much the intercourses with your mother"

-"How dare you? Those weren't intercourses. It was rape you bast@rd!" I exclaimed angrily making him laugh again.

-"Stop it" I shouted at him. After some seconds he did. His face was stiff and cold.

-"Why should I tell you?" he wondered.

-"Because you owe it to me damn it!"

-"I owe you nothing. You do" he said incredulously and continued "I raised you, killed all my real children for you and gave you the position of the Alpha in my pack" he said coldly.

-"I never asked you to do any of those things!" I shouted desperately.

-"You better go" he said coldly.

-"No, I won't leave until you tell me how to reverse the spell. You did enough evil to me and my family. You owe it to me!" I insisted stubbornly.

-"Come closer then. Talking out loud makes me tired" he said softly. At first I was very hesitant. My mind was screaming inside of me that it was probably one of his tricks, but my urge to find a way to reverse the spell overcame reason. I hesitantly approached him while he said "more" in every step I made. I stopped while I was a few inches away from him. He gave me a wide smile and leaned his head towards me. He took a deep sniff from my hair that made me feel awkward.

-"You know you smell like her.....like your mother" he said in a hoarse voice.

-"Please for my mother's sake. Please tell me I beg of you!" I begged him.

He gave me a smug smile as he continued to smell my hair. My legs were shaking. His predatory aura overwhelmed me. This man is so perverse.....How could he act like that? He knows me since I was a baby. He taught me everything I know. How can he feel lust for me? What kind of a man is he? I thought to myself.

-"Well, well, well....." he started in a mocking way while I kept waiting patiently. "There is no way to reverse the spell. You are doomed to never feel the bond" he said coldly and started laughing uncontrollably.

-"No, no you are lying... I know it!" I exclaimed in defiance.

-"Why do such a thing?" he asked coolly.

-"Cause you are pure evil!" I reasoned.

-"Then why did you come to find me in the first place?" he wondered smugly.

-"Because I thought you had some decency left"

-"Don't lie to yourself. You know this isn't the reason"

-"You cast a spell on me...." I commented angrily.

-"So what? Live with this! It's not the end of the world" he said shamelessly.

-"Why are you so mean to me?"

-"Just pointing out the truth...... Are you really so naive to think that your mate loves you and is honest with you?'

-"Of course I believe him and I am sure about him"

-"Then why do you want to feel the bond, if not to know if he ever cheats on you ...."

-"That's nonsense....the bond is something sacred. It's the most valuable gift our Goddess gave us...."

-"Please don't try to prove anything to me....."

-"I didn't come here to convince you about anything. I only want you to tell me how to break the spell"

-"Then you should go. Because I am not going to tell you anything" he said firmly.

I turned around disappointed and headed to the door. When I was ready to open the door he spoke again:

-"Your mate is cheating on you and you know it. He has an affair with that filthy omega, Cassandra"

-"No, he just saved her from you"

-"What a gentleman..... This girl is a walking temptation........who are you kidding?"

-"Alexander is not that kind of man..." I said decisively.

-"Oh Alexander....the good fellow...." he said sarcastically.

-"I'm not going to sit here and listen to your nonsense anymore..." I said strictly.

-"You know I'm right. He had this girl with him for so long. You'd have to be naive to think they didn't do anything" she said with a smile as I left the room. I felt I was suffocating. I knew he didn't mean well and was probably lying to me, but I couldn't deny that there was a pinch of truth in them... What if he was right after all?