Chapter 31 - Prison Break

Elektra's pov:

Eight months have passed since my father was imprisoned and yet nothing has happened. Our appeal was rejected by the Supreme Court and there was nothing more we could do to free my father from prison. I was so devastated by the news while my father didn't seem to be affected at all. He kept telling me that everything was going to be all right and not to worry about him. I just couldn't understand him. What's wrong with him? Didn't he realize that he was going to spend the rest of his life in prison? Didn't he worry about it? How could he be so cool and relaxed?

At least the packaging stuff was better. My reforms were accepted by the majority of the pack. Although there were some objections to the new position the omega would have in our pack, they eventually caved. Everything returned to normality: a boring normality. I have seen Alexander in several meeting that were held. Although he tried to talk to me I ostentatiously avoided him. As far as I am concerned I can't be the third person in a relationship and I can't understand his insistence of having both of us. It is irrational. Having found his match, he should be devoted to her alone and not seek the company of others.

-"Maybe he is truly in love with you" Frostie commented into my head.

-"Don't say nonsense Frostie! If he truly loved me he would reject his mate and stayed with me, which he didn't. Instead he hurried to take her back to his pack"

-"He tries to talk to you every chance he gets. That says a lot about his feelings for you!"

-"I do not care. He already has a partner but he is so selfish and arrogant that he wants everything. He can't have the cake and eating it too..."

-"Maybe she isn't with him anymore. Maybe this is what he wants to tell you every time he sees you...Have you thought about that?"

-"I don't care what his reasons are. Please stop talking about this matter. I really don't care about him or his feelings"

-"Yeah right.... like I believe you" she said and went to the back of my head.

Bartholomew's pov:

Everything was ready for my escape. I have studied the guard's movements several times. I know their schedule and all their habits. All I need is luck and everything to go according to my plan. All this time in prison one thing kept me alive and focused on my plan: Take revenge on Alexander the Alpha of the Silver Dawn Pack. He will pay dearly for everything he has done against me.

Here in prison the conditions are not usually the best. Many of my enemies wanted to take revenge on me for putting them here, but they didn't succeed. I have always been very careful with my moves and made it clear that anyone who messes with me will not have a happy ending.

They thought that because of my age I would be an easy target but they were wrong. I would never give them a chance to destroy me. I eliminated every possible enemy from the start. This is how I gained the respect and fear of the other prisoners. I made a team consisting of the most dangerous prisoners who followed me everywhere and did me small favors.... If you know what I mean....

It was Saturday night and like every Saturday the guards were more relaxed and used to party. This was my only chance to escape! I arranged to send them: drinks, food and beautiful women. That way they would be busy and not soon realize my escape. I had managed to find two co prisoners who were willing to help me with the electronic security systems as long as they came along. Of course I accepted their offer. I was going to kill them when we finally got out of jail.

The plan was simple but dangerous. We had to be very careful. If anyone saw us it would literally be the end of us. Once the guards would be distracted by the beautiful women, my two accomplices would hack the electronic systems that held us captive in our cells and we would be free to walk out and head for the kitchen. In the kitchen there was an entrance for the food supply. Usually around three after midnight every Sunday, a truck would bring provisions to the prison. We would sneak onto the truck and stay hidden until its next stop.

At around two after midnight, the party was at its peak, the guys hacked the system and our cells were immediately opened. We carefully made our way down the corridors trying not to wake anyone else. We reached the kitchen's door but unfortunately it was locked. I tried to open it by kicking it to no avail. Then Jason, one of my accomplices, tried something in his laptop and the door opened after some minutes. We got in, hide behind the benches and waited for the truck to arrive. An hour passed in absolute silence. We stayed hidden all this time until the door opened. Unfortunately it wasn't the door that led to the truck. A man walked in. He was one of the guards. He was tripping. I signaled the other two to stay hidden. He rummaged through the cupboards, probably looking for something. I was on the alert waiting for the right opportunity to attack him. After several minutes of rummaging through the cupboards, he found two bottles of wine took them and left the kitchen. I took a deep breath of relief and stayed hidden.

Half an hour passed in agony. I started to have doubts over the trucks schedule. Was there even a chance that it wouldn't come today? If it didn't show up soon, the chefs would find us and that would be the end of us. Trying to escape from prison meant only one thing: six months of solitary confinement and that was very difficult for a werewolf because his wolf would go absolutely crazy. There was a great chance for someone to lose his mind completely.

Another half hour passed with no sign of the truck. I was getting desperate. I refused to go back to my cell, especially when I had made it this far, but I had to accept the situation as it was. Unfortunately I had to return to our cells. I stood up and headed for the door that led to the corridor with the cells motioning for the other to do the same when we heard noises outside the door. We returned to our spots waiting when the door opened and two guys walked in holding large boxes in their hands. That was it! Although the truck was delayed for an hour, it finally arrived! We waited for the right opportunity and sneaked into it. After an hour the truck door was finally closed. I was free and ready to put my revenge plan into action. Let the game begins!