Chapter 26 - Ambush

Alexander's pov:

It's been a week since I returned to my pack after Elektra's kind of rejection. I have decided not to bother her again. There was no reason for me to push her. If she wasn't willing to acknowledge me and accept me as her mate, I won't push her any further. My first priority was to put my plan into action. I had to avenge my father's killer and restore the order to the packs. The plan was simple but very dangerous. I knew the deeds of Bartholomew. All these years of watching him, I realized that he isn't the kind of guy who leaves anything to chance. He wants to control everything. He calculates and prepares his every move from start to finish. That's why we must be careful with every step we make.

First, we had to strike hard at his financial dealings both legal and illegal. The in laws were easy if we hit the outlaw first. During all these years of watching him we managed to learn all his trafficking routes and most of his associates. Using the "Rogue Alpha" coverage we hit every target managing to loot the merchant. In terms of human trafficking, we freed people and gave them the opportunity to join our pack or go wherever they wanted.
Second, with the help of several Alphas and high-ranking wolves, we continued to gather incriminating evidence so that when we would have enough to present them to the Council. Although most of us didn't like the idea of ​​bringing Bartholomew to justice, it was the right thing to do.

Tonight was one of those nights that Bartholomew carried merchandise and people at the same time. He usually took different routes and did not carry different things on the same night because he didn't want to risk the authorities catching him. He knew that things weren't as they used to be twenty years ago. The Council was stricter and always present: and most important it did not operate in a consultative manner anymore. It has become more active.

At two past midnight we took the road which our informants told us Bartholomew would use to transport his goods. It was a dirt road usually used by lumberjacks. We took our places in the woods and waited for the caravan to arrive. We knew Bartholomew's men would be heavily armed, so we went prepared. Two hours later we were still hiding waiting for Bartholomew's men to arrive. We were getting desperate when a black SUV appeared in the woods with two tracks following behind. That was it! We took up battle positions and my men were waiting for my signal which I was not long in giving.

First, we shot the tires of all the vehicles and immediately attacked them. The wolves were clearly not expecting us. We managed to disarm them and storm the two trucks. We got the booty: drug of best quality, the trucks and the SUV. Bartholomew's men were all dead except for one taken hostage. He was their leader and we knew that he had more information about Bartholomews' next moves.  We buried the bodies and left the place heading for our pack.

This continued for the whole week. Bartholomew after our first two attacks doubled the men that accompanied each caravan and also changed the roots. But our spies were always very well informed and we managed to attack them and take the loot every time.

With these attacks we managed to hit him hard and to reduce his financial transactions. The first part of our plan was already accomplished. Both Bartholomew and Richard couldn't find out who was behind all these attacks.

It was said in the criminal circles that they were willing to give a large sum of money to anyone who would give them important information about the attacks. Everyone in the criminal underworld knew that Richard and Bartholomew were relentless and vengeful. No one wanted to mess with them. Fortunately for us, no one knew that our pack was behind all these attacks with the unofficial help of the Council. John was aware of every attack and we always made sure the loot to be sent to the Council. We had tried to gather as much evidence as we could to prove that Bartholomew and Richard were behind these illegal actions, but to no avail so far. Unfortunately, there was nothing to indicate that those two were the masterminds of all these criminal activities.