Chapter 46 - Wolf in sheep's clothing

Elektra's pov:

I was fighting with father when he stopped attacking me and turn his attention to someone else that I couldn't distinguish. I was feeling so sore and tired. I couldn't open my eyes although I tried very hard. I didn't know what was happening to me.

At first I was in a dark place. Then I left from there and found myself in a beautiful green field with lots of colorful flowers. As I was walking I saw a beautiful woman dressed in white wearing a white hat standing with her back to me.

I approached and sat next to her. When I looked at her I saw with surprise that the beautiful woman standing next to me was no other than my mother.

-"Mother" I said in surprise.

She gave me a wide smile and then looked ahead again. We remained there looking at the horizon in absolute silence.

-"I've been expecting you but not so soon...." she said in a serious tone.

-"I ....I don't understand" I said confused.

-"My daughter, I know I wasn't there for you during your upbringing, but I always watched over you and protected you! You can't allow this man destroy your future! You have to fight for it tooth and nail"

-"I can't go back. My whole life was a lie, nothing was true mother..." I said between sobbing.

-"There are many people that love you down there: Roxanne, David, your pack members, your mate. Everyone is waiting for you" she reasoned.

-"My mate? I don't have one mother...I am cursed...."

-"You aren't. Bartholomew put a spell on you that can be reversed....Your mate will tell you about it......"

-"But who is my mate?" I asked her but before she tells me anything she disappeared. I looked around but she wasn't anywhere.

-"Mother, mother" I called for her to no avail. She has vanished into thin air.

It was then that I hesitantly opened my eyes. I blinked for a few seconds until I was able to adjust to the darkness and found myself lying on a bed in a hospital room. A small light was on. My right hand was on serum while my body ached. I looked around me. There was no one in the room. Where was everyone? A scene flooded my mind: I was fighting with Bartholomew while Roxanne was trying to help me. Then all became black. What have happened? Did I manage to kill him? And where was Roxanne? Was she hurt? I really hope not.

As I was thinking about all these the door opened and a small woman came inside. She was one of the nurses. She approached the bed and greeted me warmly. She was wearing a mask but I saw something familiar in her eyes. I knew that woman, I was sure I have seen her before but where?

-"Hello Miss. How are you feeling?"

-"Hi, I feel sore" I said in complain.

-"Don't worry. I will give you some vitamins that will help" she said and put out of her pocket a dark yellow bottle. She opened it and took an orange pill out and offered it to me.

-"Please take it" she said.

I took the pill and was ready to gulp it down when the door opened and Roxanne got inside.

-"My sweetheart you are awake!" she said thrilled.

-"Roxanne! I was worried about you! How are you?" I asked her relieved.

-"I am all right! Don't worry about me" she reassured me.

-"Please miss take your vitamin" the nurse reminded me while stood above me holding a glass of water in her hand. I gulped it down and she gave me a smile. "Call me if you need anything" she said and turned around and headed to the door.