Chapter 62 - Jealousy?

Alexander's pov:

Over the next few days, Monica and I attended every party and big social event that happened in town. While I know Monica's purpose was good, I found it extremely boring to attend to all these events. Never the less seeing Monica having a great time kept me going on.

The only thing we definitely accomplished was to become the main topic of various newspapers and tabloids. The week was coming to its ending and Elektra was nowhere to be found. I was starting to feel really desperate. Monica's plan obviously didn't work out the way we expected.

-"Relax.....At least we had a great time!" Monica exclaimed in enthusiasm.

-"Yes, but going to various events doesn't bring Elektra back"

-"Do you love her that much?"

-"I....think so......"

-"You know what? I really don't get it. We passed the whole week together while she did absolutely nothing...."

-"What do you mean?"

-"She didn't show any sign that she really cares about you......"

-"You know what? You're right! If Elektra doesn't care about me I'm not going to insist on that. Besides I had a great time with you. It reminded me of when we were young!" I confessed.

-"I'm glad to hear it. I felt the same too" she said with a smile.

-"I have one important appointment in half an hour. Do you want me to pick you up at nine?" I said as I looked at my watch.

-"Ok, that's fine. See you at nine"

-"Bye" I said and kissed her on her cheek while she waved at me.

Monica was right. One week now and Elektra didn't react at all. She didn't care about me. It's obvious now. Maybe she never felt anything for me. Apparently she managed to eliminate whatever feeling she had, if she ever had one.....

Night came with me waiting for Monica outside her apartment. I decided she didn't deserve this behavior from me. All this time she stood by me and helped me in everything. The least I could do was make her last few days in town amazing. I booked some tickets to the opera house and arranged a beautiful dinner in one of the most famous restaurants afterwards. I was sure she would love it. Opera was one of her favorites. Tonight Monica was shining. She wore a long red dress with little glitter stones and she had her hair tied up. I remained motionless looking at her like a complete idiot.

-"Is anything wrong?" she wondered.

-"Huh? No, no. I am just admiring you! You are really astonishing!" I confessed excited.

-"Th...thank you!" she said smiling brightly. I offered her my elbow which she took happily and headed towards my car. After half an hour of driving we arrived at the Opera House and got in. We saw Verdi's Nabucco which is one of our favorite plays.

We then headed to a very fancy restaurant downtown. We ordered a variety of seafood and a good dry white wine. The atmosphere was magical. Soft music played while white candles were lit on our table. We let ourselves be enchanted by the beautiful scenery.

The evening went smoothly. We talked about everything our past, our future plans, our funny moments..... We were having a great time when the band started playing our favorite jazz song. I stood up and offered my hand asking her to dance with me. We danced on the dance floor reminiscing about the good old days.

Elektra's pov:

Andros and I entered the restaurant trying to spot our table. We were literally starving. I was scanning the area to find our table when I saw Alexander and his girlfriend dancing sensually together. I was sick of them! There were everywhere and of course they had become the talk of the town! Everyone talked about the beautiful pair and how great they look together. I had enough of their romance! My wolf also was very angry. She was ready to attack them while at the same time she was whining at me for rejecting him.