Chapter 59 - What luck can bring

Elektra's pov:

Our dinner tonight was a total disaster. Roxanne and Andros didn't get along well enough to drive me crazy. I don't know what Roxanne got into her. He treated Andros with great hostility forcing him to react accordingly.

-"Why did you treat Andros so badly?" I asked Roxanne as I opened the door to my apartment wide, walked in throwing away the keys.

-"What? I didn't!" she refused trying to look innocent.

-"Don't treat me like a fool. You don't like Andros and you managed to show it at every occasion! Why did you do that?"

-"I...I didn't!" she continued refusing my accusations.

-"Please, stop denying it! Just tell me the truth for goodness sake!"

-"Ok then! If you want to hear it! What happened to your mate? Did you forget him so easily?" she asked in a sarcastic way.

-"Alexander belongs to the past! Don't you see?" I contradicted.

-"Alexander is your mate!" she insisted intently.

-"Alexander is nothing to me! Don't you see? I have moved on with my life. All I want right now is to leave everything behind."

-"My child, you will never be happy without your mate..."

-"My mate doesn't care about me. I've been gone for a year and he didn't bother to find me or even text me a message. He probably found someone else to warm his bed" I told her in a sad way.

-"How are you so sure? Maybe he wasn't able to find you"

-"He didn't manage to find me. Really? I didn't change my name or my appearance. I didn't hide. I just left. He has all the connections to find me if he wished to...."

-"Maybe your flight hurt him"

-"You know what? I don't care what his reasons were! All I know is that he doesn't love me and he proved it by showing me indifference."

-"Don't be so harsh with him. You are saying those things because you don't know...."

-"Don't know what? Tell me then!" I demanded.

-"Alexander is not well since you left.....he...acts....weirdly"

-"Sure, ..... he is crying buckets......because of my flight" I said sarcastically.

-"Don't be so insensible!" Roxanne scolded me.

-"You know what? I just don't give a damn what he does or does not! End of discussion! Please I would be grateful if you don't mention Alexander again"

-"I....I must tell you that....."

-"No, I don't want to hear anything! Enough! If you don't like Andros, that's fine by me, but the next time you meet him please do not insult him"

-"I do not intend to..." she said agrily.

-"Oh! That's wonderful! At last you realize that treating Andros badly isn't the way... I hope the next time you meet him you'll be kinder"

-"There won't be next time. I'm leaving tomorrow....Good night" she said determined and headed towards her bedroom.

The next morning Roxanne was very quiet. We took our breakfast in absolute silence. I took her to the airport and greeted her. It was obvious that she disapproved the life I had chosen but I really don't care. It was my life and I will continue living like this whether they like it or not.

Several days passed with me spending most of my time in the office. A very important project was on the run which our company wanted to promote so we all worked several hours on it. I rarely saw Andros during the last few days and I can tell that I missed him very much.