Chapter 49 - Desperate Measures

Elektra's pov:

-"Now what?" I asked Alexander frustrated while we were descending the path.

-"Relax. We will find a way my love" he tried to sooth me.

-"What way? The elders were my last and only chance!" I pointed angrily.

-"Don't worry my love. We will think of something! Even if we don't we know that we are mates and we love each other. We don't need a kind of confirmation of our love or our relationship"

-"What? No! How can you say something like this? I just can't spend my whole life without feeling our bond. No, I am not going to compromise. I'll find a way!" I said determined while a crazy idea crossed my mind.

The rest of our trip went on in complete silence. A crazy idea started to haunt my mind. I just couldn't wait to bring it to life.

After one hour of walking and another one driving we finally arrived at the Black Moon Pack. I told Alexander to leave me in my old pack to take care of some things before I move to the Silver Dawn Pack. At first he wasn't so willing to leave me there but after some begging he was finally convinced.

I greeted Alexander and went straight to my room. I had a quick shower and changed clothes. I took my things and headed to the parking lot.

Alexander's pov:

When we got into the jeep Elektra informed me that she would stay at the Black Moon Pack for some days to take care of some things. I can't deny that her decision made me sad. I really thought that she would come with me after what happened. I just can't get it. She could take care of those things later. There wasn't some kind of emergency. Anyway I complied with her wish and left her some space and time. I knew that our visit to the elders upset her very much and I didn't want to make things worse.

After one hour of driving, I finally arrived to my pack. Roxanne was waiting for me at the door. When I got out of the jeep she approached me. She looked worried.

-"Where is Elektra?" she wondered.

-"She stayed at the Black Moon pack" I said curtly. I wasn't in a mood for discussions.

-"What? Why?" Roxanne asked in surprise.

-"She had some pending issues to take care of"

-"What?" she asked again agitated.

-"I am sorry Roxanne but I have job to do" I told her as I passed by her, heading towards my office. I was very tired and particularly not in a mood for chit chat. I was annoyed by Elektra's decision to stay in her old pack. Giving explanations about it wasn't my favorite thing at the moment....

In my office, Steve was waiting for me to inform me about the pending issues of the pack. Despite Steve's detailed report I was unable to concentrate. My mind was travelling back to what the elder told us. I understood why Elektra was upset but I couldn't deny that her attitude hurt me. I thought that she would want to spend more time with me. Instead she isolated herself by going back to her old pack. I decided to focus on work and let the theme go....

Elektra's pov:

I parked my car outside the prison. Although all this time I was sure about my decision when I arrived I got cold feet. Something inside me told me that this would not end well.

I put my coat on, took my bag and got out of the car. I locked it and headed towards the main door. Two guards stopped me in my spot.

-"Who are you Miss? What do you want?"

-"I am Elektra River and I came to see Bartholomew River"

-"She came to see her father.,.." the one of them said mockingly.

-"He is not my father" I scolded him in a strict way that didn't seem to affect him.

-"Are you authorized to come here?" he asked coldly.

-"No, but it's urgent to speak with Bartholomew"

-"If you aren't authorized you can't see him"

-"I won't leave until I speak to him" I said stubbornly.

-"Go away" the guard said and pushed me over.

-"How dare you? I'm the Alpha of the Black Moon pack. I want to see the Director right now!" I demanded in my Alpha tone. Although I am going to give up from being the Alpha of the Black Moon pack, no one still knew about my decision. The guard didn't seem to be affected by my tone but the other one was more condescending and said.

-"Please Alpha, give us a moment to inform the Director"

-"Ok" I said in an imposing way. Some seconds passed in absolute silence when the other guard signaled me to approach the outpost.

-"The prison Director will see you Miss River" the annoying guard told me with a cold expression.

-"Thank you" I said smiling triumphantly.

The other guard escorted me to the Director's office.

-"Miss River, what a pleasant surprise" the Director exclaimed the moment I got in. He stood up as soon as I walked in. He was a chubby man with curly black hair and big black eyes.

-"Hello, Sir I would like to speak with Bartholomew. It's very urgent to see him today!" I said decisively leaving no room for objections.

-"You know Miss River, Bartholomew is in isolation. No one can see or speak with him. Council's rules" he said firmly.

-"Please it's very important to talk to him!"

-"I am sorry I cannot do anything about it" he said strictly.

-"Sir a life is at stake. I must see him!"

-"In that case you can talk to him through the intercom system"

-"No, you don't understand. I have to speak to him in person. He won't tell me the truth through the intercom system."

-"I am sorry. The rules are strict about that....." the Director said.

-"Then I will return tomorrow with Alexander"

-"Alexander as if the Alpha of the Silver Moon pack and future King of all werewolves?"

-"Yes this one. You know he is my mate!" I said proudly.

-"Miss River, now that I am thinking about it, perhaps there is something we can do about your request. Please follow me" he said and headed to the door while I followed behind.

We got down some stairs and after crossing some corridors we arrived at a very cold and dark place.
-"This is the area with the isolation cells" the Director explained while he kept walking. I looked around the place. It was really devastating. The Director stopped in front of a door and turned to face me.

-"Miss River this is your father's cell. As you will see he is bound in silver chains, so do not intend to do anything stupid. He won't be so lucky this time neither whoever helps him"