Chapter 25 - Final Decision

Elektra's pov:

-"How dare he come here and tell me he misses me days after he found his mate? What kind of man is he?"' I asked my wolf, Frostie.
-"You should have at least let him talk to you. Listen to what he wanted to tell you..." Frostie reasoned.

-"Talk to me and tell me what? About how much he wants to be with me despite the fact that he already has a mate? I understand that a mate is the most important thing for a wolf. If he didn't want her, all he had to do was reject her and find another instead of accept her, take her back to his pack and look for another lover".
-"Maybe he wants to tell you that he has rejected her" Frostie contradicted.
-"If he wished to be with me, he should first have rejected his mate, and then come to me: nor am I willing, however, to give him a chance. A wolf that rejects his mate for no good reason is unworthy and does not deserve a second chance".
-"Don't be so strict. Maybe he doesn't match with her" Frostie tried to explain.

-"Nonsense....your mate is always the best match"

-"Maybe she didn't wait for him. Maybe she's unfaithful.....I don't know...." Frostie tried to explain.

-"Or maybe it is her status that bothers him....." I said venomously.

-"I am sorry I don't believe this for Alexander. He seemed so decent and sincere" my wolf said with certainty.

-"Looks can be deceiving" I contradicted.

-"I don't know something  tells me that he was sincere with you. He surely has feelings for you. I felt it. His wolf is also very fond of us...." Frostie explained.

-"I' won't give him a chance anyway. Whatever feeling I have for him, I will bury it. I am not willing to forgive his behavior."

-"Don't be so absolute. You may change your mind"

-"I won't. The issue with Alexander is finished once and for all."

Alexander's pov:

-"Steve, everything you need is in this file" I told him handing him the file.
-"Ok. I will begin with the Black Shadow's matter first."
-"You don't need to..."
-"I don't? Why? What changed?"
-"Nothing, but I will deal with it personally!"
-"Alexander things are critical. We have to move fast and proceed with the plan. It would be better to let me handle the Black Shadow's pack issue ..."
-"No, no I will take care of it. It is something I have to do it by myself...."
-"Where are you going?"
-"I have an important thing to resolve! I will return in five days"
-"What will we do if something happens to you again?"
-"Don't worry, whatever happens I'll find a way to inform you!"
-"When are you leaving?"
-"Now" I said and got out of the office in a hurry with Steve following me right behind. As I was walking down the aisle, I bumped into Cassandra.

-"Alpha" she greeted me making a bow but not avoiding eye contact with me.
-"How are you Cassandra?" I asked with a smile.
-"I am very well, thank you!" she said happily.
-"Nice to hear it!" I said and was ready to go when she said softly.
-"Alpha"
-"Yes....?"
-"I.....I......would like to thank you for what you've done for me...and....."
-"Shhh" I said and approached her. "It's ok. You don't have to thank me for anything. I did what every other Alpha would do. I hope you like it here..."
-"I love it!" she said radiating.
-"I am happy to hear it!" I replied and left.

When I entered the forest I shifted into my white wolf and headed towards the Black Shadow Pack. I had to see Electra and explain everything to her no matter what.

After two hours of running I finally reached the northern border of the Black Shadow group. I had to wait for the shift to change before I could get into the package, which happened after twenty minutes. I entered the pack facility and got lost in the dense forest.

I wandered the forest for several hours watching the members' of the Black Shadow pack every move. Unfortunately, Elektra was nowhere to be found.
"Where is she? Maybe she left for a trip" I thought to myself.
-"She can't have left. I can sense her, she is close" my wolf contradicted.

I waited another three hours. Evening came and there were a few hours left until the sun set. I decided to go hunting and return at night to search for her.

I managed to catch a deer which I happily devoured! The trip had whetted my appetite. I was absolutely starving! After eating enough, i took a nap under an oak tree. I knew there weren't many wolves in the forest at this time of the day as they usually returned to their homes. When I woke up the sun has already set and a beautiful crescent moon with the company of thousands of stars has taken its place in the sky. The view was absolutely magnificent. I could stay here watching the stars but I had to find Elektra and talk to her.
I took the path to the pack house. Everything was calm and quiet as they were all sleeping. I hide behind a bush when the beautiful smell of jasmine and gardenia filled my nostrils. It was Elektra! She was somewhere around here.....I quickly shifted to my human form and put on my clothes.

I scanned the area eager to see her again when I finally found her sitting on a bench wearing a beautiful light pink nightgown. She was staring at the sky and she looked peaceful and calm. She was amazing! I approached the bench and sat next to her.

-"Beautiful night" I commented calmly.

-"What are you doing here?" she asked surprised.

-"I came to see you?"

-"Why?"

-"Elektra, I want to speak to you! I am so excited from the late facts that I can't stay away from you!"

-"From me? What I have to do with this?" she asked irritated. I just can't understand why she behaves so hostile to me.

-"You are the main reason for my happiness"

-"Please stop messing mocking me. I don't want to talk to you anymore. I don't want anything from you" she said frustrated.

-"Why?"

-"You dare to ask me why? Really? You don't know why?" she asked sarcastically.

-"No, Elektra I don't. In fact I cannot understand your behavior. Why do you react so hostile? What have I done to you? Why aren't you happy with the way things turned out?"

-"Are you?" she asked me raising her right eyebrow.

-"Of course I am! Why shouldn't I?" I exclaimed happily.

-"Of course...... why shouldn't you....." she said sadly lowering her head and abruptly stood up. I immediately grabbed her from her arm. She turned around and gave me a disapproving look.

-"Where are you going?" I asked her disappointingly.

-"This conversation is finished. It's late. I want to get some sleep!" she said and took her arm away from me.

-"Wait!" I said and grabbed her arm again.

-"Please leave me alone. I don't know why you keep coming here... Didn't I make it clear last time that I want nothing to do with you?'' she said strictly.

-"Is this your final decision?" I told her firmly. I demanded a clear answer. She looked at me with sad eyes. She took a deep breath, raised her head up and told me:

-"Yes, I am."

-"Ok then, I promise I won't bother you again" I said stubbornly.

-"Thank you" she said timidly and left without looking back.

I got up and headed towards the forest. When I got to the forest, I shifted into my white wolf and took the path that lead back tomy pack feeling absolutely devastated. I just couldn't understand her ways. If she didn't want me why was she spending time with me all this time? She used to spend time with me when we were just friends, but when it turned out we were mates, she became distant. Why? Her behavior is so controversial but I'm not going to push her... If this is her final decision, I'll respect her and leave her alone once and for all....