chapter 31†

˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚ ❀

kenmas pov

"kenma?" y/ns soft-spoken voice rang through the empty room.

"hmm?"

"do you believe in reincarnation?" she asked, still looking out the window at the white sprinkles of snow that fell from the sky.

"I do..." I responded, looking up at her pretty (E/c) eyes. they were still so full of life and happiness... even when she was in the position of death.

"When I reincarnate, I'm gonna be badass! I'll learn the things I've always wanted to, I'll even learn how to ride a motorbike!" she said cheerfully, using hand motions to act everything out.

"and I hope... we'll meet again. whether it's a friend, lover or enemy. I wanna be a part of your life in one way or another"
she turned to look at me, tears welling up in her eyes as she gave me a big warm smile.

"I don't want you to reincarnate... I want you to stay who you are... alive and with me. I'll never love another person more than I love you..." I started, looking down at the 'game over' that was plastered on my screen.

"death is normal... you can't escape it no matter how much you try. I've been waiting for the day I died with anticipation... I can't wait to start over, maybe have a better life than I do now" she looked back at the window, placing her cold, veiny hand on mine.

"if you find me in the afterlife, forgive me for all the wrong I've done..." she spoke softly, averting her eyes to look at my flushed figure.

"don't cry anymore, it's not worth it. live the life you've always wanted"

"I don't even know if I've wanted to be alive" I muttered, placing the switch down before laying my head on the bed, looking up at the smiling girl.