The Blood moon

Vegeta P.O.V

My father suggested that me and my brother spend quality time together since its been three years. Me and my brother sat in the Royal garden. Silence was dominant over all the sounds.

"So Vegeta, how have your missions been going?" Tarble's eyes filled with curiosity.

I scowled since I don't like to be asked questions but I held back a growl for my brother's sake.

"They've been running smoothly, Tarble. The team has been progress a lot over the years all of us have surpassed father's power quite a while ago."

I ran my fingers through my hair coolly as I watched Tarble drown in shock.

"Are you a super saiyan?" He asked me.

I shook my head no before replying.

"Not yet but I'm close." I got up as I headed to the training room to work out for a bit.

Tarble followed me and kept asking me questions about how was it was with Frieza. I guess he forgot that I don't like being asked questions.

After a strong punch to the chest he got the message.

"I'm gonna go hang out with Turles, good luck with your training."

He went the other way which was a good choice. I sighed, if my brother kept his mouth shut I might have let him come with me to the training room.

I rubbed my temples. I need to stop overthinking or I'll have a gray tail before I become king.

I decided to skip the training and go to castle library since it was one of my best spots to relax. When I got there I was surprised to see my father reading a book in one of the lounge chairs.

"Well it's nice to see my son seeking knowledge."

He placed his book down and looked at me with a relaxed look.

"I'm not here to cloud my mind." I walked towards him.

"I'm here to clear it so I'm not in the mood for your unnecessary babble father."

His body didn't flinch at my harsh tone.

"Son, I know your stressed but that is no way to talk to me."

He stood from his chair as he towered over me. If I had to choose someone to respect it would be him, my father. But my pride outrank my respect at the moment.

"You don't know the meaning of stress." I spat out as I glared at him.

"You don't know the things I went through to keep my team safe, her safe."

I was beyond annoyed. My father thinks he understands, he barely gets the picture.

"Vegeta, I do.."

"Shut up! You weren't there!" My emotional dam broke as all of my emotions flooded out.

"I'm physically and mental scarred thanks to that lizard so is Bulma. That filthy lizard put his hands on her, my woman! She's mine and mine alone...."

My mind went blank as I felt my father wrap me in a hug. Luckily the library was empty at the moment.

It's been years since my father hugged me like he did at the moment. I can't even remember the last time he did. He released me after a few seconds.

"Vegeta, look. You're my son and I would risk my life to protect you. But if I didn't send you then our planet would cease to exist. He would've killed us all. You couldn't stop him three years ago. But now you'll have a chance especially with the hard training you've been doing."