1

I know it's yet another story that wasn't really planned but I go where inspiration takes me and when it hits as hard as this one did, resisting the urge is painful :') Please forgive me!

"One serving of tteokbokki and a fishcake please".

I look around me after giving my order and glance at all the people going from one food truck to the other, the food festival currently going on a fun time for everyone, even for me, it's an opportunity to be filled with positive energy and laughter while eating delicious food.

The breeze is great when standing in the shade, which is why they set up umbrellas on top of the tables today, the sun is really strong but the temperature is enjoyable, it's great when we get to find a good middle space.

It's too bad that I will have to walk in the burning sun rays instead of staying here.

I keep smiling at the people walking by and they smile back, it makes me feel happy even though I'm exhausted from my day, but then my smile falls at something I see. Did I say filled with positive energy?

I take that back, it's filled with laughter for sure but I guess there will always be negativity following the good, I think to myself when I meet eyes with a couple of girl friends who snicker while looking me up and down, whether it's my current outfit or my physique left to find out, maybe it's both, who knows.

Oh well, this festival and its people are not perfect but I won't let that deter my good mood, I'm here to get some tasty food to eat while walking back home and that's exactly what I'll do!

"Here you go, one serving of tteokbokki and one fishcake" the cook in the food truck I chose calls out to me and I thank him with a delighted smile as I grab the two recyclable plates after paying him, it smells so good!

Hopefully it tastes just as good because my cleaning job took a lot out of me today and I'm really hungry since I skipped lunch, I hate going to the company's cafeteria so I'm glad this food festival was nearby when I needed it the most, home is a good hour away on foot after all.

With a happy pep to my step, I get away to give place to the people behind me and decide to walk over the green lawn to get some distance from the crowd because while the surrounding food smells good, it becomes a lot to endure for my nose after a while when the other scents merge together.

I guess I should be thankful that my sense of smell dimmed after the divorce, although sometimes it really does feel like an obstacle when I can't smell the lighter scents, I miss being able to scent the random flowers I find when I walk around, I used to love doing that.

Moving out and away from my ex mate was both extremely difficult and the easiest choice I've ever made. Breaking the mate bond was harsh on my body, especially on my wolf, but my huge depression that I hadn't known how to cure for a whole year disappeared as soon as I'd grabbed my luggage and walked out the door and that revealed a lot all by itself.

A good thing for a bad thing, such is life they say, I've grown used to it and it's not such a drastic loss anyway, it's just the weak smells that go right over my head.

The poison that he would feed my mind every single day on top of all the times he'd touch me in intimate places even when I would ask him not to was a lot worse than what I now have to live with.

I lost count of how many times I tried to explain to him that it felt like I was being violated every time he'd grope me only to have him retort that with his work, he didn't have any space left to remember those kind of things, but he would try to be careful, he would try, and then he'd do it again fifteen minutes later.

I say good riddance! He never respected me and it's his loss! I'm doing much better all by myself anyway, I don't need anyone in my life.

Romance is simply not for me, I learned that the hard way and I don't think I'll ever meet someone good for me so I might as well not search. I don't want to go through that a second time.