4

Yoongi's POV

When her breathing softens, her body losing strength as she falls asleep like I told her to, I stay on the floor with her in my arms for an unknown amount of time, my mind unable to function because of what just happened.

I was supposed to come to my office only to get a document, there was something on my mind and I wanted to check if everything was as I thought, I sure was not expecting to arrive to someone bawling their eyes out, and I was especially not expecting for her whipped cream to be what greeted me.

Anyone else, I would not have cared, but this young omega... it broke my heart, it was instinctive when I sat down besides her to comfort her and her reaction to my touch made me all the more desperate to soothe her, she didn't refuse me and that meant a lot for a reason that I ignore.

I caress her hair softly, her cheek now resting on my shoulder as she exhales deeply, she must have been exhausted if she fell asleep that quickly, how long did she cry for anyway? How long did she cry while being all alone?

I have so many questions that need answers, why was she crying? What put her in that state? Why was she here? That uniform is the one the cleaning staff uses, does that mean she was here to clean my office?

This sweet-smelling omega is working her ass off to clean my company building?

I remember last Friday, the two girls who were verbally attacking her... she called them her colleagues, that means they work here too? In my building?

A growl rumbles from my chest at the thought, were they the ones who made her cry then? Did they have a say in me finding her crying out her pain in my fucking office all by herself?

I can't have that happen, it's unthinkable that I would let this be when I'm feeling with my own skin her exhaustion, her hurting soul. Her scent isn't as watery as earlier but it still has remnants of that pain she was feeling and I hate that, I hate that I couldn't be there to keep her from reaching that point.

I was wondering why Jimin was so attached to her when he'd only spent an hour with her, but now that I'm holding her, now that I have her softness shaping itself to fit against my body, heck... the question isn't what made him attached, it's how could he not?

I nuzzle my cheek against her hair before sighing, I can't possibly leave her on the floor like this, the couch would be a lot more comfortable for her, she doesn't look like she's going to wake up anytime soon and she definitely needs the rest.

With that in mind, I move a little to be on my knees first, I steady her body with both arms as I prop a foot on the floor and when I believe myself to be stable enough, I wrap an arm under her knees while the other goes to her back before cradling her to my chest as I stand up.

I make her jump a little to have a better hold on her body and once her face finds its place in my neck, goosebumps travel all over my body, shivers sparkling through my spine at the feeling of her breath right against my sensitive scent gland, I squeeze her closer to me before walking over to the leather couch.

As I get near the furniture, I do start wondering if I really want to let her go, she feels so right in my arms and I can feel my wolf already trying to find arguments as to why we should in fact not let her go, and I swear, I would listen in a heartbeat if it came up with a good one, I really don't want to let her go.

I can feel myself preen like a fucking peacock because I can hold her so easily, it makes me proud and it's the strangest feeling, I'm not known to find pride in that sort of thing, not even with my own mates and goodness knows lifting them off the ground is a fucking achievement.