16

The singing of birds and the soft rays of the morning sun on my face are the first things that manage to crawl within my subconscious, the first signs of a storm passed and gone.

It is a gentle awakening, and the softness against my face, a fabric that smells and feels good against my skin, earthy morning rain so very soft on the nose, is a sweet invitation to sleepily rub my cheek against it with a pleased though somewhat bumpy purr pushing out of my chest.

I have no recollection of how I ended up here whatsoever as I scent the mass of heat right in front of my face - until another purr begins to accompany my own, a strong, healthy vibration that further wakes me up, an unusual thing that makes me pause the scenting to better register the weight over my hip as well as the regular breathing that both come from the same source.

What... who? What's this scent... oh!

My eyes open immediately and I raise my head away from the large body to find Namjoon gazing at me with a calmness that I cannot match right now, skin flushing an intense red as I try to squirm away from him, I just did something so embarrassing, oh dear!

I completely forgot that he and Hoseok were here! Or was, as Hoseok doesn't appear to be in my bed anymore.

However, the alpha seems to have no intentions to allow any space to take place between us when his grip tightens and pulls me back to his chest firmly, his other hand resting over the small of my back in a wordless warning, his purring never ending as he keeps his gaze locked on me.

"You can scent me, pretty girl, I like it. You don't have to be afraid" he says assuredly before invitingly dipping his head back to give me access to more of his throat, and my heart thumps away in my chest at the sight, my instincts need to have traces of my scent on this beautiful golden skin, yet is it really fine?

We just met in the middle of the night, a meeting that was filled with me being terrified! What kind of first impression is that?

"Y-you don't have to accept this just for my sake, Namjoon, I- I know that my scent doesn't blend in with other ones that well, I've always been told to stop when I begin so it's nothing new, it really is fine" I try to explain so he won't feel too guilty for refusing but instead of replying, he growls before gently pushing my head forward so my nose brushes against his scent gland, a contact that has petrichor mist puffing out around me, strong and comforting.

My tension lowers as the weight of his pheromones get me to melt into his warmth again and he smiles, he will not have his omega afraid to do something as natural as to scent a mate, the new odour that he can smell trying to push out from behind my personal scent sign that everything is going well - the bond is solidifying.

"Whatever experiences you had with other wolves before doesn't apply with us, little omega. We will never refuse getting scented by you because we want it as much as you do, I promise. You should see how giddy everyone gets at home when one of us comes back with traces of your whipped cream on them, you don't need to worry about a thing. I will certainly be very proud to be that guy when I'm back with the others".

His voice is confident, grounding as he speaks, petrichor and pheromones gaining in intensity around me as if his way of convincing me, and encouraged by his honest words, I allow myself to give in, my wolf more than happy to finally be given the opportunity like this - it changes from the pain we'd feel from the constant rejection in the past.

I inhale deeply, face resting in the nook of his neck while slowly adding of my scent onto his skin, by the same occasion getting his on my own, an exchange that soothes me in ways that go further than the surface of my soul - this is instinctively gratifying.