9

Yoongi's POV

The chief financial officer stares at me as if I grew a second head but I stare him down and cross my arms over my chest as I stand in front of his desk.

Needless to say that seeing me enter his office without any warning earlier took him by surprise, and seeing the anger on my face if not from my scent alone - since he's a beta - he knows to not say or do anything that would fuel my desire to fire anyone who's bothering me, him included.

Yet he also knows that some things can't be changed just because the CEO wants that change, which is why we're having this stare down at the moment, but I am going to prove him of the opposite because while I would normally agree with him, this situation is unacceptable.

I built this company from the very foundations to what it is now, I'm not going to let anyone dictate what we're about and what we're not about, especially not in my face.

"But sir, their job is simple, it doesn't require any studying like so many others have done, their salary is based on that. Anyone can do their job so we can't increase it without it being considered a waste of money, they don't bring in the money like our office workers do" he tries to explain his reasoning but I shake my head at that comment with an annoyed sigh.

"Anyone can do their job, but not everyone is willing to do it. Our staffs work hard so that we can have a clean environment and how do we thank them? By abusing them because what, they didn't go to school? Because they can't get a job in the field they studied in because their field of work requires experience that they can't get? Is that a reason to have them work so hard with such a low salary? In these conditions?" I counter before pushing the documents I brought with me his way.

"I had a look at our financial situation, I read everything, from where the money comes to where it goes, I know where the money lacks and where it overflows, I know which directors take bigger shares of our profit than needed and which ones take only what they require and I can see that we can more than afford an increase of salary to give them a better quality of life" I state, watch as the beta in front of me gulps, because he knows that I know, the bonus he gave himself recently was big, a little too big, yet that's not the issue right now.

"They work at MinTea for fuck's sake, not in some breaking down company on the verge of bankruptcy. I want to see change and if to do so, the board of directors needs to take smaller bonuses, then that's exactly what's going to happen. I might not be here often, James, but I'm not blind nor am I ignorant. Fix this".

"Of course... I'll call the chief operations officer and we'll talk about it together" the man relents, knowing full well that I've got enough knowledge to know that what I'm asking for is possible and will not put the company in jeopardy, heck, I can do his job, I have done his job, I know how to run a company.

At hearing about the COO, I hum and shake my head. "No need, I want every board members in the meeting room on the fifth floor, I have other things I need taken care of and I think now's a good time for it. I've let things go unchecked for too long" I state and he nods before grabbing his phone while I walk towards the door.

"Ms. Kim, please call everyone for a board meeting, the CEO will be present and expects everyone to be there" I hear him say as I step outside of his office and I nod to myself, if they expect me to stay silent after all the shit I've heard this morning, well they're wrong.

It seems we'll have to teach our employees what respect is and I won't chew on my words before letting everyone know that I am disappointed in them, I don't support abuse of any kind.

If my company can't be a safe place for Y/N, then I'm a failure of a mate, she deserves better than this.

Your POV