19

Here it is! This is going to be the last You belong update in a row, I hope you enjoyed having so much to read because I sure did!

---

Hoseok's POV

It's been two weeks since she fell unconscious in front of all of us, two weeks of silence, of anxious thoughts and many tears.

Two weeks of staring at her, of taking in her every breaths, and she hasn't woken up yet.

She's unmoving, still as a doll, the prettiest of all.

She's just... peacefully sleeping, unaware of the world that keeps moving around her, unaware of us.

Like she fully shut down.

When the ambulance took her to the hospital, it felt like our world was crumbling down at our feet.

Taehyung was urgently brought along with them because his side of the bond with her was the most at risk, staying close to her was the most effective way to keep it intact, else it would shatter and bring us all down with it, including her.

When Yoongi called and demanded that they save her at all cost, that money wasn't a problem and that he would gladly give everything he had in order to get her the best treatments, every doctors gathered together to have a look at her.

In the end, they all came up with similar verdicts - her heart and soul had contradicted each other so much that her system decided to put things on hold, the simplest method being to force her into a coma for an unknown amount of time.

They said it was most likely done to avoid a self-destruction, a deduction made from the brain scans that were done on her. That one did nothing to ease our fears and panicking wolves.

They couldn't tell us when she would wake up, or if she would ever wake up at all.

It is up to her and her alone to decide if she wants to give this life another try, and it's... very difficult to hear that all we can do in the meantime is wait and hope for the best, hope that she would come back to us.

Of course, Taehyung... he did not take it well at all.

He's become a shell of who he used to be, eyes distant and full of pain. He takes the blame for everything and no matter what we tell him, there's no changing his mindset. He's convinced that everything is his fault.

"It was stupid, really" he mumbled once as we were all seated in the private hospital room during the first day.

"Hearing her purr for the first time broke my heart. I didn't mean to cry like I did, but knowing why it was so... broken and premature, unformed, it just made my heart weep for her all the more. When she tried to comfort me using it... it got too much, I couldn't stand it at that moment. I was supposed to comfort her, yet there I was acting pitiful.

"The next thing I knew, her warmth was leaving me abruptly and it suddenly felt like I was thrown into a frightful storm of unstable emotions, like I'd lost my only light- I couldn't even make sense of anything anymore. All I knew was that I'd lost her".

"When I calmed down, I knew that I'd overreacted, but I didn't know that I'd lose her for real. I made us all lose her. It's all my fault".

He'd burst into tears after that, inconsolable, and he hasn't spoken a word since then.

When I was young, I had no clue what my worst nightmare would be. I always figured it'd be some... ridiculous ghost stories, or maybe some ugly fish in the sea, maybe it would be the sensation of being trapped in a small space, or being caught in a really bad car accident.