18

Here it comes, the terrible cliffhanger. Chapter 19 will be posted tomorrow!

Your POV

When I wake up, eyes opening slowly to the room completely silent and dark, it takes me a moment to remember where I am.

I'm pretty sure I went with Namjoon and Yoongi to their house to watch movies... and I do remember being slightly overwhelmed when I saw the gigantic mansion for the first time, which was then followed by a tour of the rich and beautiful rooms the pack lives in, but this...

This doesn't feel like we're watching movies.

The scents are a bit hard to adjust to at first, they're so... strong, as if someone sprayed multiple perfumes right beneath my nose at the same time, and of an intensity that I am not used to anymore - not since I left my ex mate and had to endure single-handedly the consequences of breaking the bond.

It feels strange, as if I am having to deal with a newly discovered skill all of a sudden, and the many lungfuls of air that I take completely throw me off until I manage to get a hang of how to separate every scents again.

There is definitely Yoongi's tea scent that I love so much, and while I do recognize Namjoon's earthy petrichor in its richness, the scent is way too clear and vibrant for it to feel the same as usual, but there's no time to ponder why when I can also smell a familiar flower, a soft scent that tickles at my nose as if trying to whisper secrets directly into my soul.

It's like there's a breeze coming directly from a well cared-for garden that gently flows over the crackling of a warm firewood, and though they're new in that gentle intensity, they also make me feel very safe.

My entire being both feels heavy and light at the same time, and there is even a tingling joy that doesn't seem to want to go away despite my confusion at my current situation.

I try to look around me to make sense of what's going on, but right as I tilt my head up expecting to find there Namjoon, I instead find a new face that I have never seen before. The scent of violets definitely comes from him, a thought that is enough to make me understand who this is.

My breath ceases to function when I stare at the handsome man whose cheek is pressed into Namjoon's shoulder, as if I had in front of me the most beautiful artwork ever found.

I never knew someone could be that pretty, but he really makes me believe that he could claim being a god and everyone would think that true - I would be first to believe him if he were to tell me such a thing, him not being one seems more unlikely.

As I get to feel the safest I've ever been made to feel until now in my mates' arms, I take in the long lashes that caress against Taehyung's cheeks, I marvel over the smooth skin that is decorated by pretty little beauty marks here and there, my soul relishing in every details that I notice as his breath hits the air softly, the three alphas asleep just like I was a moment ago.

This is certainly not how I was expecting my first meeting with him to be like. I wanted to be awake and ready to greet him, I wanted to be ready to welcome a new alpha into my life and yet here I am, currently surrounded by sleepy rumbles and snores.

What am I supposed to do now? Namjoon is very comfortable, I won't lie that having my head rest over his chest feels heavenly, but this situation makes me unsettled. Do I wake them up or should I leave them to sleep for a bit longer?

"Are you awake, sweets?" Yoongi's voice suddenly chimes quietly from behind me, and after some effort trying to turn on my other hip so I can look at him without straining my neck, my heart stutters when I find the drowsy alpha already gazing at me like I'm the most precious thing he's ever seen.