8

"Alright, today we have a few new people joining our group to fill our empty seats, would you step forward and introduce yourselves please?" the manager says all of a sudden as they enter the room and we all fall silent.

Bee, Hanna and a few others' absence clearly changed something in the ambiance because almost everyone looks lifeless this morning, but I'm not complaining, this is a breath of fresh air for me.

To not have their heavy perfumes on my nose anymore? To not hear their laughter, to not have their mocking gaze directed at me? I could dance out of joy if I wasn't so tired after yesterday.

In-yeop, Dal and I share a look of curiosity as a group of six enters the room and one of them immediately catches my eye, an incredibly handsome young man, I could even dare say of Jimin and Yoongi's level in terms of beauty, where are they all coming from?

Are they aliens from another planet?

They introduce themselves one after the other but none of their names actually make it to my ears, not when I find myself fixated on the eyes that take in the room with curiosity, his musky scent covered with hazelnuts clearly stating that he's an alpha too, I just hope he's a nice one.

When his turn eventually comes to step forward, he does so while smiling at me, a blinding smile that has me blushing and instantly looking away, holy shit!

"Hi everyone, my name is Jeon Jungkook, I hope we can get along well" he says with a voice that gives me shivers, it's so smooth and clear and soft, my brain loves the sound of it, I could listen to him forever, is that normal?

"Thank you, Jungkook, you can go and take a seat next to Y/N, I decided to pair you two together today so she can show you the ropes, she's patient and explains well so I'm sure she'll make your first day pretty fun" the manager informs him, something that I'm learning for the first time as well, what?

My heart thumps nervously as the alpha pulls out a chair before sitting down next to me and I tense up, his scent of hazelnuts strong enough that it makes me salivate, I must be crazy, what's going on with me?

While the manager starts giving everyone their tasks for the day, the CEO's office not a necessity today since I did it yesterday - it's usually done every few days so tomorrow should be a day for me when I have to go there again - the new alpha leans towards me to whisper something without bothering everyone else, although In-yeop and Dal do keep an eye on him out of curiosity.

"Hey there" he murmurs softly and it takes me all of my willpower to not melt at the sound of his voice so close to my ear.

I bite on my bottom lip before eyeing him shyly, a small nod of the head before I bring my gaze back to the manager, but I can't hear what they're saying, I can't focus on anything else but him.

"So you're Y/N, right?" he asks me and I nod my head again, can I trust my voice to speak? I somehow doubt that I can survive this if I have to stay by his side all day, he's making me feel all weird.

"I'm sure you heard me earlier but my name is Jungkook, it's nice to meet you. Have you worked here for a long time?" he continues and I shrug lightly before tilting my head his way. "A little less than two years? It's been a while".

He hums and smiles at me, none of his attention focused on the manager, at this pace, we'll have no idea what it is that we're supposed to do all day. "You must be good then, you were praised quite a bit by the manager".

I glance at In-yeop who quirks an eyebrow at me, an amused smirk teasing at the corner of his lips that has me pursing my own, a little embarrassed. I didn't ask for all this attention, don't look at me that way!