22. Home Sweet, Bread Collection

22

Though he had been cleared by several healers to go home, it became very obvious to everyone of them that Dythos actually had no idea where that home was. After being discharged, they had kept him under observation and the God of Wheat had just stood in the lobby on his own staring out of the window into the street beyond looking increasingly distressed.

Omdum sent a nursing assistant out to bring him back to his room. If he couldn't remember where he lived, it wasn't safe for him to roam the streets of Heavenly City on his own. So whilst they arranged an escort for him, Dax had to remain at the hospital for another night wondering who that would be

"Couldn't you just show me the destination on the mini map and I just go home that way? Dax asked the System.

"I am capable of doing that but leaving the Healing Halls unaccompanied would be OOC behaviour for Dythos." The AI responded. "You should just wait for the escort."

So he did.

~

Someone came early in the morning, and knocked smartly on the door of his room. When he entered the room, he took up a large part of it. The guy was huge, despite not being quite as huge as the man that had been here the day that Dax woke up. His clothes were the same colour as his former visitor though and Dax wondered if they worked together.

If everyone in the hospital wore purple robes it wasn't too big of a stretch to think that there would be other uniforms for other specialties.

"Good morning!" Dax said, as he wrestled with the long hair of the body he was occupying. Long curly hair was a lot harder to look after than his own short hair had been. Half the time he had been able to get away with just running his fingers through it in the morning and calling it quits. This hair needed to actually be brushed.

"Good morning." The visitor replied as he bowed to him.

Dax smiled at him, the voice was familiar. Now that he had heard it, he recognised the man in front of him as one of the large array of visitors that had been through the doors of this hospital room over the past few days.

"I'm Nywez. I work in the War Department but the God of Healing asked me to escort you home."

"Oh thank you." He had been wondering how the fuck he was meant to get back to a place he had both no idea of the location of, or what it even looked like. Sure System would probably help him if he became totally lost but that would be at the risk of losing both upgrade points and this new life entirely if he messed up badly enough.

They both gathered together the few items that Dax had in the room into a bag that the other had brought with him before leaving. There hadn't been a lot of things to pack. The robes that he was found in were folded neatly in the bottom of the bag and he shoved the brick of paper leaflets in on top of it.

On their way out Dax made sure that they passed the healer's desk so that he could pass on the card he had made for the woman who had helped him eat the soup that felt like months ago now. Someone that could help a patient whilst supporting their dignity like that was a special health worker and they needed to know it.

When they finally made it to the entrance, Dax was able to feel the wind on his skin. He could feel tears starting to form in his eyes but he forcefully demanded they not fall.

Now he was finally able to see what this Heavenly Realm looked like. The halls of healing were basically just a big fancy hospital that's more natural looking from the outside.