Chapter 2 - Will Junko ever die?

Hope's Peak apartment building

"See you tomorrow Kiri!" Makoto bade farewell and entered his penthouse. While Kyoko was searching for her keys suddenly Aoi ran out of the staircase.

"Do you ever consider elevators? I think that as a psychical education teacher you have enough daily move." Kirigiri perceived.

"Two minutes four seconds! My personal best!" She said between pants. "I bet with my students that they can't beat me at speed-running the stairs. If I win they have to run for 30 minutes at 6 am every day! Till the end of this month!"

"Seems like a great way to make them hate you. What if you lose?" Kyoko asked.

"Then they won't have to run this early. Oh and I'll have to show them my aerobic jump from 30 meters high diving platform!" Asahina answered.

"Sounds dangerous. Anyway, you could really use a shower y'know?" She suggested.

"No need. Hey, why won't we have a chat?" Aoi smiled and pulled out a paper bag with donuts.

"You know that I can't say no to you holding my supper." She smirked and opened the door with the keys she finally found in her handbag.

After a little while, they were already sitting at the table with donuts, coffee for the Ultimate Detective, and water for her friend.

"There's something I have to tell you, I visited Future Foundation today with Ma-"

"I know it was streamed everywhere. You'll accompany him on his hope tour spreading it around the world! Or a romantic trip I should say." The Ultimate Swimmer interrupted her colleague and chuckled.

"Mhm sure, watching dead bodies and graves from the air. Just lovely." She rolled her eyes and slurped her hot coffee.

"Oh, I see! You lose all your optimism when he's not around that's just so cute!" Aoi got up from her chair and hugged her while still munching on her donut.

"Are you even eating this?" She pointed at untouched Kirigiri's sweetened dough cake.

"If you cut your shipping nonsense off you can have it." Kyoko stated.

"Naaah I'll pass then." Asahina happily jumped back in her seat.

"So.. you're not mad that we'll leave the school for some time?" She asked.

"Of course not! You'll spend some time with Naegi and start rebuilding the world on the occasion." Aoi giggled. "I believe in you guys, everyone does. You'll begin the new era."

"Yeah, Mr. Togami lord's era." Kyoko joked.

"Oh come on, he knows what to do. With all the gold he will become the prime minister and rebuild our county in no time!" She enthusiastically shouted.

"Surely he will try to build his Togami empire but fine, you're right. Let's bring this despair down once for good." Kirigiri placed her empty cup on the table.

"Yeah, that's the spirit!" Asahina cheered.

"You can take it, I eat too many of these since I know you anyway." She stood up and took their glasses to the dishwasher while her friend was already bitten into her donut. "You got it." Aoi said with a full mouth.

"We're taking off tomorrow, there is no time to waste when innocent people are dying." She decided.

"Alrighty, I bet that you need some good sleep before the flight so sleep well!" The Ultimate swimmer replied while licking her fingers and left.

Kyoko locked the door and sighed deeply with her head laid against the door. "I'm strong and I'll do this.. I'll be his closest support." Kirigiri thought to herself.