Chapter 18 - Talent above all

"Hey hey hey." The scientist extended his leg causing Makoto to trip over it. "I hope that I won't have to calm you down Mr. Naegi."

"YOU CAN'T DO THIS!" He got up to start running again but fell as the black-haired man shot him with a taser. "BzZz-zZz-Zz"

Junko exploded with laughter when she saw the Ultimate Hope shanking on the floor through a webcam. "Are you serious? I'm obviously joking! I wouldn't get used to having small boobies, like duh."

"She's telling the truth, I don't want to modify your friend's mind but to download data from it. As you saw a moment ago the memory reading module works flawlessly, so I'll be starting the procedure now." The four eyes approached a computer-looking machine next to Kyoko's seat. Her helmet was connected to the device by countless cables.

"Argh, argh.." Makoto hardly stood up and grabbed a quick release ratchet off a big steel table behind him. Then he began slowly approaching the stranger who was focused on the machine.

"I already started the downloading process. If I'm not able to stabilize her nervous system in case of an error she'll die so I would rethink your intentions if I were you. My proposal is that we talk in peace, like civilized people." He said while typing on the device's keyboard.

"Whatever you're doing to her, stop it now." Naegi stood still.

"I can't stop it now, if I do she'll become a vegetable." The man wearing a lab coat glanced over at Kirigiri's shaking hand. "I'll need to monitor her heart rate and some other parameters to adjust the transfer settings. It's for her safety." He pulled out five medical electrodes from the computer. "I'm tuning the download speed down for a moment but it's best for her to finish the process as fast as possible, so please place these on her body. I don't want to invade her personal space."

Makoto frowned at first, but after noticing his friend's shivering hand he immediately put the tool away and ran to do his task.

"The instructions with a body map are stuck over here." The scientist patted the left side of his device.

"It's gonna be alright Kiri, I'll disconnect you from this as soon as I can." Naegi whispered to himself and unbuttoned her shirt in a hurry. Afterward, he took and placed the electrodes one by one while avoiding looking at her bust. "Done." Makoto covered his former classmate's torso with her shirt.

"Got it, stabilizing the transfer." He replied when a few continuously updating charts popped up on his computer screen. "Her pulse is a bit high but that's fine since her brain is working at one hundred percent." The stranger told and pushed a nearby desk chair towards The Ultimate Hope. "I surmise that you have lots of questions, so if you want to talk now's the best time."

Naegi kicked the seat away angrily. "You're a remnant am I right? But why are you doing this? Why do you need her memories?"

"I'm not downloading her memories, I'm after Junko Enoshima." The man sat down on his chair without losing eye contact with his interlocutor.

"I don't understand, what does Junko have to do with her?" Makoto asked in confusion.

"Didn't she tell you?" He questioned in a surprised tone.

"Tell me about what?" Naegi's puzzlement kept building up.

"Enoshima left a dying message that described her plan. Its first step was her escape from the virtual world to your friend's mind." The scientist told.

You Are My World - A Naegiri storyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें