Chapter 25 - The Red Helmet

Kirigiri couldn't see anything but about a dozen green lines of light distributed on her body, mainly aiming at her crucial organs. She slowly put her hands up and looked down to count the lasers pointing at her. Her ability to breathe peacefully even in such extreme circumstances made it impossible to sense any of her fear.

"I got the girl." A modulated voice sounded from Makoto's helmet, which enabled him to see in the dark. He realized that the large storage room in front of him was actually the room hidden behind the garage door that got cut out with a red laser. The entire space was occupied by metal shelves holding various electronic parts and soldiers that looked exactly like the boy he met a moment ago but taller.

One of them wasn't using his rifle and lowered his right hand. At his sign, all the soldiers regrouped into two facing each other parallel columns starting at the sides of the elevator.

"Took you long enough." He said with a deep unhappy voice, which sounded different than the one coming from Naegi's helmet. This soldier's helmet was the only one that had its colors reversed - a black bolt on his eye and a red background.

Makoto felt like he was expected to do something so he put the tip of his weapon on his friend's back and steadily began to move forward along with her. His suit was hiding his sweating body. After a few steps, he stopped when he heard the unique serviceman's words - "Search her."

Naegi put his weapon on his back and patted the sides of his companion's belly as well as her hips while putting very little force.

"UGHHh useless piece of.." The soldier approached him and pushed him away so strongly that he fell to the floor, at which Kyoko's eyelid slightly shivered. Afterward, he briefly searched her from top to bottom and forcefully grabbed her hands to then put them behind her back and handcuff her. "Take her to him." He ordered and pushed her forward so hard that she almost tripped.

Subsequently, the two first soldiers left their columns and each grabbed one of Kirigiri's arms. Then they walked straight to the smaller lab.

"Just tie her to the chair." The scientist was sitting and waiting with two seats placed in front of each other, next to the three-dimensional printing chamber which was empty. He had a black Monokuma helmet on.

The mercenaries did as he ordered and walked out of the lab to wait outside.

"..Sorry but, I'm not sure if I get it. You faked making love, for your intentions to look more, believable? Is that right?" He questioned.

"..Takes you a while to connect the dots." Kyoko replied while not seeing anything in the darkness.

The roboticist couldn't help but let out a chuckle. "It was my call not to bring security here as I don't like having strangers constantly watching everything I do, but now you just completely ruined the atmosphere. Cameras just aren't enough to handle you two apparently... All of this just to buy some time, a meaningless amount. You could've gotten hurt, he could've gotten hurt, was it worth it?"

The Ultimate Detective didn't answer.

"..Right, Kyoko Kirigiri. Doesn't talk much." He sighed and turned his chair around to support himself against the back of it. "I guess I can't get anything out of you, we don't torture here since it's a sterile laboratory... Still, if you get bored you can just tell me where he is so the boys can find him quicker."

You Are My World - A Naegiri storyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें