Chapter 4 - Wreaking havoc

Makoto opened his room. "Oh, already up? I forgot that you're an early bird." He sat next to her. "You're also quite a coffee addict, aren't you?"

"Maybe." Kirigiri replied while not losing her attention to Byakuya's docs and holding a cup.

"I'm not sure if we can do this I mean, two tons of gold for one device is crazy, the production costs are way below that."

He pointed out.

"Do they have a choice? Every country can afford to buy some, he'll lower the price later eventually. The problem is how will he use the gold. We don't have any control over that because we left the foundation." Kyoko mentioned.

"I'm sure that he will use it wisely, he's grumpy but very smart after all... Hey, by the way, this new suit, suits you heh." Naegi complimented.

"Same does yours to you." She slightly smiled and looked away. "Unfortunately we'll have to mostly cover them with level IV bulletproof vests."

"Huh? I don't think that's necessary-" Makoto didn't finish his sentence when she put the vest on him.

"Okay, that's pretty heavy.." He complained and began to tighten it so it matches his shape.

"Mhm.." After Kirigiri wore her vest she came over to a cabin window and placed her hand on her lips from shock.

"Huh? Can you finally see something?" Her friend approached her.

"No!-" She stopped him and pulled the window shade down. "It's better that we don't break your positive attitude right?" She insisted and ran to the opposite window to close it.

"But what did you see there??" Naegi questioned with pressure.

"What I can say is that they have their own flag." Kyoko said to calm down his curiosity.

"Their own what?!" He couldn't believe it.

"It's half white and half black, and it has monokuma eyes." Kirigiri described.

"But, how did they, wait, d-did they create a nation or, a religion??"

Makoto speculated.

"It doesn't matter, what does is project Phoenix, we need to start selling it fast before the "despairs" will completely ruin the countries. Then there will be no way to save the people, neither the gold." She foretold.

"What else did you see? Y-you always keep your reactions to yourself so it had to be something stunning!" Naegi shouted.

"We need to focus on the mission. We'll be landing soon so be prepared." Kyoko advised when her friend sat down with his head supported by his both hands.

"It's really bad isn't it?.." He asked.

"It may not be good here, but Americans have or at least had very accessible technology including devices with screens. In less developed countries there should be a smaller number of despair victims than here." Kirigiri deduced.

"It seems like it." Makoto agreed.

"Dear passengers, we'll be landing in a few minutes so please sit down and fasten your seatbelts!.. Wait, did I forget to say it at the take-off?.. I- I don't remember uh, n-never mind." The pilot announced through the speaker.