Chapter 26 - The Dome

The scientist pressed the highest button on the elevator's control panel

The scientist pressed the highest button on the elevator's control panel. Behind him stood his two handcuffed hostages, each with a monokuma soldier watching over them. For a while it felt like time had stopped. The scene was completely static except for the floor counter which was refreshing every few seconds. The only sound hearable was the lift moving up, but even that got muted by the pressure rising in the people's ears.

"...-ding" The elevator stopped and its doors opened, revealing nothing but darkness.

The robotician walked to the right, as if he had memorized a specific path so he wouldn't need any light.

A few beeps sounded from where the man went. Afterwards, the ceiling of the hall started sliding to the sides. It turned out to be a hatch.

The sunlight that filled the room revealed nothing but stairs, that led to the top.

"Come on, we need to get this done before sunset." The four-eyes stated and began climbing the stairs, there was only about 30 steep steps.

The Ultimates gazed at each other with their eyebrows slightly frowned. Both looking for courage in one another. None of them wanted to lie, they both knew how helpless their situation was. Because of that Makoto briefly gave his friend his cheering smirk and decided to go forward without a word. Kirigiri followed his steps along with the guards behind them.

As they reached the surface, a huge glass dome was unveiled which was protecting everyone inside from the ongoing sandstorm. When Naegi was still admiring the impressive construction and the views of the mostly under-construction but already quite futuristic-looking city, his colleague was already taking a close look at what was in front of them - it was Junko. Her skeleton wasn't visible anymore but covered completely with the silicone skin. She didn't show any sign of life as her eyes were closed and her body was loose, standing in a straight pose with the support of a metal pole behind her, which had a black electrical tape attached to it, wrapped around her belly.

But the robotic creation wasn't the only thing that gained the Detective's attention, as there were three massive transformers at the back of the dome. It turns out that all the cables hanging above the city were gathered at the top of the tower. Her partner joined her in numbly staring at the installation, while the scientist approached his masterwork and inserted a plug in its back which was connected to all the electrical converters with an uncountable amount of wires.

"The buzz with mess up your eardrums. Listen at your own risk." He warned and came back to his hostages. "I know she's beautiful but keep your distance regardless, that is if you want to live-" An irritating beeping started sounding from his pocket, interrupting his speech. "Looks like this is it." The man then pulled out a white remote with a few switches and an obvious big red button, which was flashing red. "Anyone cares to do the honors?" He asked with an ironic smirk.

"Help yourself, scumbag." Makoto backchatted clenching his fists like he was close to starting another brawl, as well as he wasn't holding back his insulting look pointed directly at the blue-haired's glasses.