Chapter 5 - Ditch the past

Makoto and Kyoko got back into the plane.

"I think that he still needs some rest." Naegi glanced over at their sleeping pilot.

"Let's talk in my room then." She suggested.

After her friend grabbed his earpiece from his place, they went into her room and closed the door so as not to wake up their airman.

"Byakuya? Are you there?" Ultimate Hope asked after unmuting his earphone.

"Yes, as might be expected I'm waiting for your report." Togami immediately replied.

"We made it! The President agreed for two tons per unit but hopes for discounts." He informed.

"Very well. Now get out of there and head to the next country. I have a meeting scheduled with our government so I'll call you later." Byakuya apprised.

"I didn't give them my speech yet. We'll be flying to New York now as he suggested." Makoto stated.

"We do not have time for that." He objected.

"You told me that the world needs my speeches, and that's one of the reasons why you chose me." Naegi argued.

"Fine then, just do it quickly." Ultimate affluent progeny disconnected.

"He chose you because you're a hero, after all, your hope killed Junko. Everyone respects you except for Togami." Kirigiri asserted.

"I already told you, he's not our enemy." He assured.

"Anyway, we need to talk about something else." Kyoko said and sat on his bed along with her friend.

"What's on your mind?" Makoto questioned.

"If you want to ease your trauma you need to tell me about what you saw in the elevator. I know that you don't want to remind it but I think that it's worth it to fight your anxiety. Don't keep it bottled up, tell me." She insisted.

"Your talent requires you to mute your emotions right? Well, mine requires me to ignore the negative ones. Sometimes it stacks up and I need to get it out of myself that's pretty much it." Naegi smiled.

"Don't treat it like it's not a big deal. Please tell me about it." Kirigiri persisted.

"Fine.. I saw our dead classmates except for Junko with their wounds in the elevator that led to the court. They were leaking blood from their mouths and, then they started getting up, all staring, with looks as if I owed them their lives... Sayaka was standing in front of me holding my hands. She stepped closer, grabbed my cheek and, I saw you.." Makoto told and lay down. "And now I'm bothering your head with my stupid nightmares..."

She lay next to him. "You need to tell me more about her, there is something important I don't know.. I have a feeling like she's hunting you for long already isn't she?" Kyoko rotated her head towards his side.

"..When you were "dead", I had a suicide dream because of the hypnotic video. She appeared in front of me, a moment after you too behind my back, both calling me to join you..." He said staring at the ceiling.

"There's no connection between me and her... Tell me about your last conversations before her death." Kirigiri suggested.

"They were private talks between her and me. I don't know if I should share-"

"I want to help you ditch the past Makoto, that's the key information I need to do so." She insisted.

"..She, s-she was.. she was talking about our, potential relationship after we would get out..."

Naegi confessed with a blush.

"And she used your naivety to commit the murder she planned, now it's all coming together..." Kyoko concluded.